PDA

View Full Version : Collusion on Bodog(Rant to Customer Service Content)

cow_phunk
06-29-2005, 10:37 AM
So it seems as though collusion is slightly more rampant on Bodog than other sites, or the colluders are just dumber and more obvious. I've had some major problems w/ this at the $10/20/30 sng's. I think it may have started casue of it being a smaller site, easier to sit at the same table, and general ease of the cheating.

I'll try and recap the hand. Big Stack, 4k chips, small to his immediate right, 430 chips. So small stack bb, big stack sb. Small stack raises 100 chips preflop, big stack calls. Flop,. short stack bets 100, immediate call. Turn, another 100, immediate call. Short stack's got 10 chips left. he checks on the river, big stack folds to the free check. Most blatantly obvious and plain dumb collusion I've ever seen.

So I call Bodog w/ the hand # and tell them to get back to me. Email 10 minutes later saying we've reviewed the chat and betting and can't see any collusion. I immediately called back and complained that if they couldn't see the obvious collusion I question their ability to prevent any sort of cheating. I mean, what exactly are they looking for, signals in their chat room? They said they couldn't do anything, but after threatening to pull my bankroll finally said they'd prevent these two from playing the same table in the future.

I thought this to be a fair decision that probably should have been made a lot earlier. I mean, what's the difference if these two can't play sng's together. Shouldn't mean anything to them if they aren't cheating.

On a plus side, the customer service in general for bodog is great. A direct line to a rep for poker right away and immediate response w/ email afterwards.

What are your thoughts on this in general. If they can't tell obvious pushing of chips from one player to another, should i move my bankroll?

AKQJ10
06-29-2005, 10:54 AM
I'd try to figure out which sites their Collusion Detection Department plays at. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sponger15SB
06-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Me and my roomate tried to play a HU SNG there a few weeks ago, he sits down first and I try and sit down but the software won't let us, and then before I can yell down the house for him to stand up from the seat because I can't join some guy sits down and he has to play him and loses.

This doesn't really relate to your case at all but it was pretty funny to me at the time.

zkzkz
06-29-2005, 01:58 PM
So curious about this. The actual pushing of chips from one player to the other didnt really change your theoretical odds of winning did it?

Or did you just object because it's evidence that the two are talking and therefore would be colluding in other ways?

bones
06-29-2005, 02:11 PM
It's chip dumping. It doesn't have to directly impact his EV to be cheating. It just is.

skipperbob
06-29-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So curious about this. The actual pushing of chips from one player to the other didnt really change your theoretical odds of winning did it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious???....OMG: What would you rather face? One other player, or Two? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

tminus
06-29-2005, 03:14 PM
same thing happened to me at PP except a dialog was displayed telling me that my friend and i were somehow related in their database, evidently we had transferred some cash between accounts once and they flag this

wulfheir
06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
I've read about keeping the bubble alive, is that a possibility?

pooh74
06-29-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Or did you just object because it's evidence that the two are talking and therefore would be colluding in other ways?

[/ QUOTE ]

If its intentional chip dumping, it IS cheating...bottom line.

However, proving that these two are in cahoots is a different story. It is possible that big stack missed the river draw and was embarrassed to have called all the way down. (although his hand wouldve been mucked). Maybe he had a 6 high if he missed his draw so conserving 10 chips was worth it...who knows.

Nottom
06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've read about keeping the bubble alive, is that a possibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was the intention the big stack would just fold preflop. Handing the shortstack 300 chips is just completely retarded or blatent cheating.