PDA

View Full Version : Way to extract most from this flop?

partygirluk
06-29-2005, 10:34 AM
2nd hand of 6 handed SnG (65-35). Blinds are 5-10, stacks 1K.

UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to 20, I reraise Queens to 55, planning to fold if anyone comes over the top (thoughts?), button calls, blinds fold.

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (Pot = 175)

UTG leads into me for $20.

What is my line?

junkmail3
06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Call. See what he does on the turn. Commit more of his chips to the pot (not that T100 is really commiting), but he might feel like it.

Hope he catches his flush on the turn, let him bet again.

He'll probably bet again anyway. So, just raise the turn.

I don't play 6handed. but I'd probably reraise a reraise preflop. Folding QQ 6handed seems a little weak.

(What buyin?)

kyro
06-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Just call. Try to keep button in. Hope they hit something. Turn decision is completely dependent on card and opponent's bet.

Wes ManTooth
06-29-2005, 11:36 AM
easy call

Chaostracize
06-29-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't like calling here, for a few reasons.

If opponent has a flush draw, and you put in a small raise, he's not going anywhere. If he has AQ or KQ he's not going anywhere either. If he's bluffing then he's not giving you anymore action either way so it doesn't matter if you give him a free card. The only hand you're losing is a pair 55-JJ that would be able to hit an underboat, and this hand is somewhat likely, but I still go for a raise and hope to get some big action from an AcXc hand or something like 54 or A4.

My vote is to raise to give some legitimacy when you raise with a draw or nothing. His bet is much too small to just call.

BigEndian
06-29-2005, 11:44 AM
If you call it can look to a player like you have AK (and don't know what you're doing) or an underpair to the Q and they might think they can get you off it on the turn. So calling does not kill the action.

- Jim

Chaostracize
06-29-2005, 12:04 PM
When someone gets cold-called on a flop that's paired they rarely lead the turn, unless they have a hand. And if they have a hand we want to start getting money in now.

The problem for isn't CCing period, if the bet was half-pot or pot, I'm all for calling, but since the bet is 20, I think hero needs to start building this pot.

Nick M
06-29-2005, 12:07 PM
so you don't think he has a flush draw and looking for a cheap card?

kyro
06-29-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't know what he has. It seems like anytime there's 2 of a suit on the board, people automatically assume they're on a flush draw. I'd rather keep button in and hope he hits something worth chasing on the turn.

BigEndian
06-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I disagree with your assessment of what rarely happens.

- Jim

lastchance
06-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Never fold queens preflop. I just call the flop, but I suck at poker.

partygirluk
06-29-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never fold queens preflop. I just call the flop, but I suck at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never fold Queens preflop? I think this is wrong when you start with 100BB. It is also sometimes going to be wrong around bubble time.

lastchance
06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, admittedly, it was a generalization. I was just saying it'd be an incredible amount of circumstances that lead you to fold Queens preflop. This isn't it.

Nick M
06-29-2005, 05:38 PM
I think that if you had 10s and the flop was 10 4 4 than I would play it like that. There are a lot of cards that can come that will make someone top pair. When you hold queens though the only hand that you would be annoyed at eliminating would be AK. Any other ace beside AQ obviously really won't give you the pay day you're looking for. So I think that raising to say 100 wouldn't lose you much value in the long run if you get say KJ to fold. I think 100 is a great price to keep the better in no matter what he has. With I guess the exception of total sh*t. For instance do you think he calls your raise with 9s-Js? I think if they bet 20 and you raise to 100 most retards do call it. Aaaannnndddd the bonus is if he does have a flush draw you're charging him to draw dead. He will call you. And if he misses you get paid. If he catches you bust him. If you just call you make nothing if he doesn't catch.

and I just want to point out that the question was how to "extract the most from this flop"

partygirluk
06-29-2005, 08:17 PM
OK, I didn't want to call as I wanted to build the pot a bit. I also thought that if I called here then went berserk later it would look soooooo much like QQ, but maybe I shouldn#t give opps credit for 2nd level thinking. I raised to 50, Button folds, but minbetter calls.

Turn was A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and he either min bet into me again or checked (can't remember). What now?

Nick M
06-29-2005, 08:28 PM
My read if he min bets again would be a flush draw. If he checks he might have some sort of hand like a PP 9-Js. The ace either helps you a lot, or hurts you a lot. He could have an ace high draw with a pair of aces, a pair of aces with no draw, a PP, or a draw with no pair. So I think if he bets on the ace you make a good raise now. If he checks, I check behind him.

And for what it's worth I think a bigger raise on the flop would have been better. Look at my reply to Kryo. I think I say a 100 would be good.

adanthar
06-29-2005, 08:29 PM
I check an ace behind for sure, because if you're betting anything substantial he now puts you on AK and folds.

Let him try to bluff or value call on the river. If he has an ace, he'll pay you off then anyway; if not, oh well.

Roman
06-29-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to 20, I reraise Queens to 55, planning to fold if anyone comes over the top (thoughts?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if thats the best way to play them. What is the buyin? How tight are the players? Often times if the UTG+1 Minraises reraises you, he will give yout pot odds for a set too....