PDA

View Full Version : Best tropical vacation spot?

Lady Dont Tekno
06-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey my girlfriend and I are just starting to think about planning a trip somewhere in between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions or good experiences. Also if you have any hotel/general travelling tips that would be appreciated. We were thinking about Bermuda or perhaps the Virgin Islands but we just started thinking so we're up for anything.

Some important things:
- Good beach hotels under $500/night.
- Fairly lively night life (clubs aren't important but bars and such are a plus).
- Drinking age under 21 (we're both 20).
- General beauty.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

LDT

djoyce003
06-29-2005, 10:44 AM
You should buy a carribbean vacation guide....for under $500 a night you can pretty much go anywhere. I can't really offer advice on places because I haven't been there yet myself, but my wife and I are looking at going there in the next few months so I got a vacation guide and there are a lot of really nice places to go. I would avoid jamaica...but other than that I can't offer a whole lot of help.

hoopsie44
06-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Bermuda isn't a tropical climate. For the time period you're talking the temps probably wouldn't be above the 60's. Been to most of the islands and my favorite is Aruba, which you can easily do for the $$$ you mentioned.

maryfield48
06-29-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should buy a carribbean vacation guide....for under $500 a night you can pretty much go anywhere. I can't really offer advice on places because I haven't been there yet myself, but my wife and I are looking at going there in the next few months so I got a vacation guide and there are a lot of really nice places to go. I would avoid jamaica...but other than that I can't offer a whole lot of help.

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY! Why do you say that?

rmarotti
06-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Not Grenada.

tek
06-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Aruba

Lady Dont Tekno
06-29-2005, 06:03 PM
subject.

LDT

SomethingClever
06-29-2005, 06:33 PM
The Dominican Republic is very nice

For $500 a night I believe you could rent the entire island.

yoadrians
06-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Costa Rica.

Benal
06-29-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Costa Rica.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but only on the Pacific coast.

Rick Diesel
06-29-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY! Why do you say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and I loved Jamaica. But we also stayed at an all-inclusive Sandals and only left the resort once, to go to Margaritaville.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-29-2005, 11:41 PM
The DR WAS nice, but if it's possible I might suggest a cruise, because I went on one during winter vacation and it was absolutely perfect. Probably the most fun I've had on vacation.

That said, I've always loved St. Martin (or Maarten, or however you spell it). That's a sweet island too, and not that expensive if I remember. When we went there, we basically had a house right on the beach. No way it cost more than $300 a night.

Drew16
06-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Costa Rica.
Costa Rica.
Costa Rica.

Drew16
06-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Resort: Barcelo Playa Langosta

BeerMoney
06-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Koh Samui