PDA

View Full Version : Serious owners needed for Rotisserie league

IrishHand
02-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Dynasty's recent accomplishment reminded me that it's time to get myself organized for this coming year. So...

I'm looking for a few owners for a serious NL keeper league. It is an authentic, essentially "by-the-book" Rotisserie league. (By the book meaning Glen Waggoner's book - one of the founders of Rotisserie League Baseball.) We've had an AL league for some time, and now some of us are starting an NL league.

The major difference between our league and authentic Rotisserie is the fees - we operate on a 1/10th basis. (eg. Instead of a $260 buy-in, we go for $26, instead of $10 to reserve a player, it's $1, etc.) Expect to pay around $40 for the entire 6-month season. All league money (except the $80 for USA Today/SportsWeekly to do the online stats) is paid out to the top 5 teams (out of 12). Otherwise, the rules are functionally pure Rotisserie.

The auction will be conducted in a chatroom starting the morning of Saturday, April 6.

I have been the rotisserie commissioner of an AL league since 1991. To the extent that you're concerned about the fees/money - I am both a lawyer and an officer in the US Navy. As commissioner, I will be providing my name, number and address to all owners, and an accounting of all monies will be provided weekly.

SERIOUS OWNERS ONLY! This is not a 1-year deal - we only want owners who are serious about baseball and are interested in managing for a few years.

If interested, please e-mail:
irish_hand@yahoo.com

Regards,
Irish