PDA

View Full Version : Too aggressive?

montybear
06-29-2005, 08:50 AM
It's a $22 on Party. Six left with no real short stack. Villian seems to be a calling station. He got his big stack when someone PF pushed into his aces. I haven't played many hands, haven't CR'd before, but no idea what the others think of me.
Blinds at 25/50

Hero (1140t) is BB with J /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Villian is UTG (2255)
UTG calls, rest fold, hero checks
5 /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
hero checks.
villain bets (400)
hero raises (1090) to 1090
hero is all-In.
Villain calls (690)

Thoughts?

<font color="white">
Turn is 7 clubs
River is a rag
villain turns over Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
and mhig
too aggressive? I figured i had some FE and didn't want his flop bet called, and if not, i had probably 14 outs (flush, 2 3's, 3 J's) thinking he had AQ or QK. or does him getting about 2:1 (1400 in pot, 690 to call) negate any FE.

</font>

Sabrazack
06-29-2005, 08:58 AM
I misread it at first, gotta stop playing+posting.

Anyway, you have pretty much 0 FE after his big raise, but you do have a pair and a flushdraw. Im not really sure what to do here. Question is if you have enough outs against the hands he might have, i don't have time to calculate that right now though. Ill get back to it.

jcm4ccc
06-29-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian seems to be a calling station. He got his big stack when someone PF pushed into his aces.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not certain why you would call the villian a calling station. He sounds like a normal, tight player who happened to get lucky with aces. I mean, he couldn't raise with his aces, could he?

As for the hand, you have 9 or 10 outs, and the villian is definitely calling your raise. So you're betting 1090 to win about 1200, I think. Not good odds.

montybear
06-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Him getting his big stack with aces wasn't why a refered to him as a CS. he liked to see a lot of flops, limping into lots of hands when he could. his bet definitely made me think he was saying 'i don't want to get called'. as for the number of outs, i figured the 2xthrees were good. the three jacks were probably good, but not for sure, so maybe two more outs (incase he's playing QJ) and the flush is good, so nine more, giving me 12-14 if i get called. or pretty close to a coin flip. but again, i really didn't think he wanted to call anything. Too loose?