PDA

View Full Version : Should I have re-raised pre-flop?

two_dogs
06-29-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm new to this forum so...
Don't have the HH cause I'm at work so stack sizes are approx.
Party 5k freeroll so I know a lot of lags are around.
Two hands previously villain had raised 3xbb w Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and doubled up when he hit his flush.
Blinds 25/50
Hero(1555)
MP(1100)
Villain(5700)
I'm th BB with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
One MP limper folded around to villain who raises to t150.
I call MP folds. I thought about reraising here but my plan was to play any flop I hit aggressively especially if MP folded which he did.
Flop Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check villain bet t700 I pushed he called.
He turned over J /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Thoughts?

sekrah
06-29-2005, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't re-raise preflop, because he's the type of player who could re-raise you back and you don't have a hand to call a re-raise!

You played it ok.. Only things you could have arguably done different was fold preflop..

You got what you wanted, all in as the favorite after the flop.. not much else you can do really.. You played it o.k.

phixxx
06-29-2005, 09:01 AM
I don't see how you could possibly fold here, given the circumstance. I think you're giving up alot of EV folding a hand like this against the type of player you described. He's obviously a liberal raiser, so a smoothcall is okay here given your position.

After the flop, you got your money in as the favorite. But never before the flop, assuming the MP player is going to call, you're getting about 3.75:1, which is fine. I would have played it the same.

sekrah
06-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh I agree.. I don't see anything wrong with calling.. I definetly would do the same thing.

But there are some people who could argue a fold out of "Tournament Situation.." and not wanting to mess with the big stack and their tournament life at that point.