PDA

View Full Version : First time poster desparetly needs attention

No Ur a Troll
06-29-2005, 05:37 AM
Whats up bros, brown trout, and the rest of you 2+2'ers.

I've been browsing through this primo website for a few days and finally decided to say some. I'm very amazed at this websites plethora of good info on poker. After reading through some strategy posts I've decided that Helmuth's book would have been more usefull as toilet paper. I've started to work on my bankroll last Saterday with a $50 deposit at UB. After a few days of 3 tabling at UB's NL .5-.10 and .10-.25 I'm now at $250. I proceded to withdraw $200 in order whore around a bit. I'm planning to deposit it to paradise with the Granny bonus. As far as I know, the word on the street is, that is the best way to go to build up my bank roll. This not the first time I'm playing at UB I've made some cash last summer but spent it all on trees, which I smoked. My UB name is Feind4Green but I havent deicded on a paradise name yet maybe NoFatChicks. I'm a college student and I planning to eventually 6 table instead of my part time job. In term of hourly rate should I go limit I'm a fairly quick learner and wouldn't mind the bigger swings? I will keep you posted on my results. Feel free to flame or give advice but excuse the spelling cause I'm a foreigner.

P.S. Is poker tracker worth the $55?

axioma
06-29-2005, 09:24 AM
reccomend you go limit if you are planning on eventually playing to support yourself.

pokertracker is EASILY worth $55.

poker-penguin
06-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Limit is much easier to multi table, has worse players, and is less tilt inducing (since it's harder to make big mistakes all at once). As for Poker Tracker, my view is that they should just make a sticky post at the top of this forum with the subject line "poker tracker is worth it"

xLukex
06-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Lolololololololol what a great post.

Art Vandelay
06-29-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for Poker Tracker, my view is that they should just make a sticky post at the top of this forum with the subject line "poker tracker is worth it"

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT POST

Wes ManTooth
06-29-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for Poker Tracker, my view is that they should just make a sticky post at the top of this forum with the subject line "poker tracker is worth it"

[/ QUOTE ]

also add "no you can not maintain that ROI & ITM %"

bkholdem
06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Poker Tracker is worth it. However, you might want to grow your bankroll some more before purchasing it. Especially at the lowest stakes, the cards basically play themselves so as long as you have a reasonably solid game for the stakes your playing it might be the safer play to wait until your roll is about a grand or so. I'm assuming that you will move up in stakes as your roll grows too so stats on players at your current stakes might be worthless to you in a couple months anyway.

P.S. If you give out your screen name and people here think your a fish you might consider that you just put a bullseye on your forhead. At the baby stakes, especailly limit, it doesn't really matter...but it's something to keep in mind.

Study hard and often, pay attention to any and all mistakes you make. Start a poker journal where you hold yourself accountable daily.