PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland Drive

10-22-2001, 12:33 AM
I saw the movie "Mulholland Drive" last night. It is a David Lynch film. I really liked it. Some would hate it. Have you seen it? What is your opinion?

It is a bizarre movie. It is difficult to follow at times, but it all comes clear at the end, or does it? There are some great scenes. It has one of the best sex scenes I have ever seen. It is certainly a very different movie.

Alden Chase

10-23-2001, 05:06 PM
I loved it. One of the most interesting movies I've seen, with things that kept falling into place days after seeing it.

10-23-2001, 08:15 PM
Chris,

Since it was a David Lynch movie I expected it to be offbeat. But it got weirder and weirder as it went on. I thought it was visually stunning but things didn't come together for me (or my two friends who saw it with me).

Is it OK if I email you about one character? I don't want to spoil things for others and you might be able to clue us in based on your post

Regards,

Rick

10-23-2001, 09:33 PM
I thought it was awesome. There is a very thorough interpretation of the movie on salon.com. It is a big spoiler so don't read it until you see the film. My interpretation was slightly different. I won't share it here, as I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone else

10-24-2001, 12:05 AM
I just read the salon.com analysis. I think it comes as close as one could to an explanation of the characters and events. I need (want) to see this movie again. I think it is a movie that needs to be seen a few times.

Alden

10-24-2001, 12:17 AM
I don't know if others saw it this way, but I thought it was hilarious. I still chuckle at the old people in the limo. Lynch's tounge-in-cheek, mocking humor has always done it for me.

I agree that more things fall into place as days go by, but I'm also not sure if Lynch really intends you to figure out a big picture or not and I don't think it matters too mcuh if you do since the experience of watching it and then thinking about it is the real fun.

Paul Talbot

10-24-2001, 03:44 AM
Sure. I might be a little late in responding, as email is down and I'm in the process of wiping my hard drive to clear what appears to be a virus.

10-24-2001, 01:35 PM
I will probably have to wait for the DVD as David Lynch stuff is too off-beat for Canadians. Might show at some obscure art house in Toronto, but they're pretty weird in their own right.

I still remember sitting there watching the first season of Twin Peaks, about the 3rd episode, I think, with the dream sequence with the midget. Incredible television. The series deteriorated, but that first season was great stuff.