PDA

View Full Version : If chat banned at Party can you still invite someone to a table?

MicroBob
06-29-2005, 05:12 AM
I had a player berating me tonight through the whole party 'table-invite' message thing.
He kept saying how much he loves 'free money'...way to call it down with ace-high...etc etc.

It started when I defended my blind with 97s. he went nutso in the little invite thing and wouldn't let it go for the next 10 hands. It was weird.

I talked back to him via the chat-box and tried to egg him on a bit. Thought I could tilt him.

He was running kinda bad but really wasn't a bad player.

But he refused to converse in the chat-box. Kept it up with the invite thing....and then it occured to me that he might have had his chat banned and this was his way around it perhaps.

Just curious. never had it happen like that before.

Pretty funny later on....I was trying to tilt him a bit after he lost a hand to a different player at the table.
Then I get QTo in the SB and try to steal his BB.
He has JJ though.
Flop comes 9JK and my nut-straight holds-up and takes SEVERAL bets off him.
Obviously I got quite a few "Lucky f'cktard" comments after that one.

My last hand I get TT in EP and he has 99 right after me and 3-bets me PF.

All under-cards all the way through....but I was holding back. He wasn't going to come at me with junk for the most part (pretty passive post-flop).
River is a 9 and he hits his 2-outer and I congratulate him for finally winning a hand.

Good times.

Also -
We've speculated before in these forums about bad players who have ANYTHING related to 'Dawg' or 'Rounders' in their handle.
This guy had BOTH and I couldn't help but laugh thinking of the previous threads on this topic.

Freudian
06-29-2005, 07:12 AM
I got this invite (http://web.telia.com/~u18112987/invite.jpg) after my AQ beat his KK after a preflop all-in in a SnG.

He went at it for a while.

NoOuts
06-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Same thing happened to me.
I just hit the ignore invite button.

djoyce003
06-29-2005, 11:02 AM
laugh i wonder if you were playing the with same guy I was playing with last night. There were two of them at the table and neither was talking. Turns out they both had their chat banned, and the rndrdawg guy was using the invite function to tell the oter to quit three-betting him. The other guy (uber maniac) was using his invite function to message me laughing about the other guy complaining about getting threebet...was quite hilarious. Long story short, they were both chat banned, but you can get around it with the invite function.

Keith Fellmy
06-29-2005, 12:32 PM
I can't remember the site, but I bad beat this guy to death. Three times he had aces (over the course of 5 hours) and lost to me every time. He invited me to play 3/6 heads up. So I went to the table. He sat down with 200 bucks and I set down with 10,000...he played one hand and left.