PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to hate Paul Phillips

Johnnyj580
06-29-2005, 04:46 AM
1. We had to hear (the only two times he'll make a WPT final table) that he made millions on 'dot.com' and isn't really playing for the money.

2. He's a pretencious prick, who loves to brag about tearing up a $2-$5 NL table. Are you serious???

3. For someone with millions, his woman is QUITE sub-par.

4. If he makes this laydown, he might regret it for 10 years. Thank GOD he didn't need the money.

5. For making a spectacle out of his heads-up match with Phil Hellmuth, he really choked a bucket of something . . .

6. For exhausting time in his retirement years looking for a jpeg with the Captain Obvious line, then posting it to all us 2+2 plebians.

7. They may show his plassable girl both time's he's been on tv, but his voice REAKS of homosexuality.

8. Its a crime he still has more kidneys than Jennifer Harmen.

DarthIgnurnt
06-29-2005, 04:48 AM
who's paul phillips?

PukaPlaya
06-29-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who's Johnnyj580?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

-Skeme-
06-29-2005, 04:54 AM
9. He spawns morons like yourself who create new accounts and waste server bandwidth.

BISCO
06-29-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good thing that most people marry for love and not money.

his wife is plenty cute, and i hope that you get stabbed in the face with an HIV infected needle.

clutch
06-29-2005, 05:04 AM
You hide your identity to post this? Grow some balls.

Joseph Busti
06-29-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You went to far.

Chairman Wood
06-29-2005, 05:39 AM
You are free to speak your mind and criticize a person such as Paul here but this
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Only shows that you are a giant prick and you should be ashamed of yourself. He is a big man and can take all the puny insults but don't go after his wife, it's REALLY cowardly.

mmbt0ne
06-29-2005, 05:42 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
You hide your identity to post this? Grow some balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. I'll say OP's a douche without changing my handle.

Komodo
06-29-2005, 05:48 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty low to attack someones woman. You have no idea how she is.

Malachii
06-29-2005, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Inexcusable that you would post this garbage.

Jordan Olsommer
06-29-2005, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

7. They may show his plassable girl both time's he's been on tv, but his voice REAKS of homosexuality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone's never been to prison...

1p0kerb0y
06-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Worst. Post. Ever.

NYCNative
06-29-2005, 06:46 AM
The moderator has already been notified about this post.

TheJackal
06-29-2005, 06:59 AM
Could Johnny be Smoothcall and is changing his handle once again?
Let me add something to the list:
Got me hooked on the "Get Perpendicular" song (I downloaded it, and have seen/listened to it like 50 times, pretty sad).

PukaPlaya
06-29-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Could Johnny be Smoothcall/Vince Lepore and is changing his handle once again?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

valente
06-29-2005, 07:23 AM
IP addresses don't lie, david can tell paul who this is.

csuf_gambler
06-29-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pics?

TheJackal
06-29-2005, 08:06 AM
His wife isn't bad looking. I think the poster is saying since he is a millionaire, he should be able to pull a supermodel or something. Pretty flawed logic, I mean if you walk up to some little hottie and say "I'm a millionaire, impressed?" If she says yes, she is a whore. If she says no, she must care about things beyond money. This whole thread is just a character assassination, so I don't know why I am responding, and Paul is more than able to defend himself, but I doubt he cares one way or another.
Paul's Wife (far right) (http://www.improving.org/gallery/pokerplayers/IMG_0056)

DarthIgnurnt
06-29-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Paul's Wife (far right) (http://www.improving.org/gallery/pokerplayers/IMG_0056)

[/ QUOTE ]

She looks pretty good to me.

Andy Block Chasing a Duck (http://www.improving.org/gallery/pokerplayers/IMG_0091)

jakethebake
06-29-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is against the rules. Someone should take you out and beat the [censored] out of you, but I guess that's why you stick to anonymous Internet forums.

Russ McGinley
06-29-2005, 09:05 AM
http://trephination.net/gallery/macros/thisthreadsucks.gif

meow_meow
06-29-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, Paul's wife is a scratch golfer?
He never mentions it in his blog, he must be jealous or something.
That's pretty low.

Daliman
06-29-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. We had to hear (the only two times he'll make a WPT final table) that he made millions on 'dot.com' and isn't really playing for the money.

2. He's a pretencious prick, who loves to brag about tearing up a $2-$5 NL table. Are you serious???

4. If he makes this laydown, he might regret it for 10 years. Thank GOD he didn't need the money.

5. For making a spectacle out of his heads-up match with Phil Hellmuth, he really choked a bucket of something . . .

6. For exhausting time in his retirement years looking for a jpeg with the Captain Obvious line, then posting it to all us 2+2 plebians.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasons to hate Johnnyj580

1. We had to read (concerning the 2 WPT final tables PP has made, which is 2 more than johnny will, oh and don;t forget turning stone either...) that he actualy created an account just to rip on a great player.

2. He's a moron, who doesn't reaize PP is tongue-in-cheek about tearing up a 2-5 table, and is also jealous because he couldn't. PP may be a bit PRETENTIOUS, but he makes up for it with equal amounts of self-effacement.

3. For someone with his millions, his woman is QUITE attractive, intelligent, and actually someone he is in love with, rather than a trohy wife, and almost assuredly beter looking than johnnyj's woman.

4. I'm sure the laydown he did or didn't make STILL equals 10x what johnny will EVER make in poker.

5. For someone having fun with PH, some people sure do misiniterpret him as choking, even though PP said earlier he wasn't very good at headsup play, and that PH was a decided favorite vs. him. Yes, HUGE choke, losing to the eventual winner and one of the best tourney players of all time.

6. http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpghttp://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/btn/captain_obvious_to_the_rescue.gif

Daliman: Not retired. Time "exhausted" finding 2x as many Captain obvious jpeg's: 26 seconds. And I'm not a tenth as net-savvy as PP.
7.I'll let you pass on the "plassable" typo, but it's WREAKS or even REEKS, but not REAKS, you moran.

8. IF you're so worried about kidneys, donate your own.

Oh, and here's another 17 seconds of MY workday wasted;
http://www.minilifemusic.com/my%20favorite%20fuck%20off.jpg

LuvDemNutz
06-29-2005, 09:23 AM
10. He's smarter than you, richer than you and infinitely better at poker than you'll ever be.

LetYouDown
06-29-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
7.I'll let you pass on the "plassable" typo, but it's WREAKS or even REEKS, but not REAKS, you moran.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love when someone goes out of their way to criticize someone's spelling and calls the OP a "moran".

Moonsugar
06-29-2005, 09:26 AM
grow up

LetYouDown
06-29-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
grow up

[/ QUOTE ]
You tell him! Besides, I think OP is Sklansky.

jcmack13
06-29-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I love when someone goes out of their way to criticize someone's spelling and calls the OP a "moran".

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an internet jopke to spell it "moran".

LetYouDown
06-29-2005, 09:33 AM
That's a good joke. I'll be sure to save that for parties.

Daliman
06-29-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a good joke. I'll be sure to save that for parties.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you bummed that smoke from negativity.

LetYouDown
06-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Got me. Ouch.

mike_sharpe
06-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Get A BRAIN! MORANS (http://photos1.blogger.com/img/270/1396/320/moran.jpg)

tylerdurden
06-29-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/images1/morans.jpg

jakethebake
06-29-2005, 10:01 AM
It would be awesome if this was a Paul Phillips gimmick account.

LetYouDown
06-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Grammar humor. Life is now complete.

drewjustdrew
06-29-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be awesome if this was a Paul Phillips gimmick account

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the first thing I thought, but the wife shot was pretty harsh. Maybe he put that in to sell it????

jakethebake
06-29-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would be awesome if this was a Paul Phillips gimmick account

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the first thing I thought, but the wife shot was pretty harsh. Maybe he put that in to sell it????

[/ QUOTE ]

She might've been sitting there when he did it. Who knows? This would be his kind of humor though. I was a Paul Phillips hater, but now I actually find him pretty entertaining.

PokerBob
06-29-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't know anything about Paul Phillips. But after reading this, I now know one thing about you: You either have a very small penis and it bothers you tremendously, or you are uncomfortable with your inability to satisfy a woman sexually.

coolhandkuhn
06-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Seriously, you deserve what you will inevitably get. Karma's a bitch.

lucas9000
06-29-2005, 11:25 AM
you should be stabbed with a brick.

Howard Treesong
06-29-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and here's another 17 seconds of MY workday wasted;
http://www.minilifemusic.com/my%20favorite%20fuck%20off.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned! Nice one, Dali.

CrazyN8
06-29-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You tell him! Besides, I think OP is Sklansky.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the_joker
06-29-2005, 11:41 AM
and has a hotter wife.

sonny black
06-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Thats pretty brutal, dude, do you have some sort of beef with this person. Paul does certainly seem a little eccentric, of course he can afford it. seems like a cool dude to me, how would you act if you were a dot.com millionaire

el kang
06-29-2005, 12:23 PM
I liked a number of responses here... but this one rocked. Closing with "moran" is perfect.

OP should have account frozen and abused by moderators. In the future I would suggest changing the OP's password and then posting an amusing "follow up" retraction. I don't view this as any violation of user rights - just add it into the user agreement that no one reads.

DesertCat
06-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Johnny,

Don't let these PP lovers get you down. You got it so right...

[ QUOTE ]
1. We had to hear (the two times he made a WPT final table and I didn't) that he made millions on 'dot.com' (and I didn't) and isn't really playing for the money (while I ama, except I suck at it).

2. He's a pretendcious prick, who loves to brag about tearing up my $2-$5 NL table and making me cry. Are you serious???

3. For someone with millions, his woman is QUITE hotter than mine.

4. If he makes this laydown, he might regret it for 10 years. I obsess about this hand daily.

5. For making a spectacle out of his heads-up match with Phil Hellmuth, I didn't get the jopke. . .

6. For exhausting time in his retirement years looking for a jpeg with the Captain Obvious line, then posting it to all us 2+2 plebians. Once again I didn't get the jopke.

7. They may show his plassable girl both time's he's been on tv, but his voice REAKS of homosexuality. And I should know.

8. Its a crime he has more balls than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

RicktheRuler
06-29-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is against the rules. Someone should take you out and beat the [censored] out of you, but I guess that's why you stick to anonymous Internet forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

wray
06-29-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that was just plain harsh!

I've never heard PP talk about all his millions. I think the only response I've seen about him talking about millions was responding to people's speculation. Like asking them how they know how much money he has.

I think his wife is a beautiful person. I feel confident PP doesn't care what you think. PP also seems like someone who isn't hell bent on impressing everyone with a "trophy wife".

Basically everything you said was damn mean and when you grow up hopefully you'll regret saying all that.

AntonioFan2
06-29-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Paul Phillips too. That post was totally Rocks and Rings.

chaas4747
06-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Horrible post. I think it is kind of cool that he posts here, and tries to be light hearted while doing it.

SoftcoreRevolt
06-29-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey moron, I'm pretty sure she is still actually a human being and not property, and exists unlike what you go to bed to.

And this comes from someone who really doesn't like libertarianism.

lonn19
06-29-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA ... That's the line of the year. I love it!

Beavis68
06-29-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who's Johnnyj580?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Smoothcall/Vincent Lempore

ggbman
06-29-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's not as much of a pretencious superficial prick as you are.
Its pretty low to attack someones woman. You have no idea how she is.

[/ QUOTE ]

LetYouDown
06-29-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have no idea how she is

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think he wants to know how she is...based on his disdain for her appearance.

vic1225
06-29-2005, 04:47 PM
It seems to me that someone here is a bit jealous. Why do you have to talk about the man's wife that way. Here are two reasons why your statements are callow and illogical.
1.PP is a very smart guy, for him to marry a woman who wasn't a trophy wife would be demeaning.
2.I would like to know what your definition of a trophy wife is. Oh wait a minute, I am pretty sure it is what all these lousy corporate magazines and the media say. Since you are listening to what outside sources tell you why don't you jump off a bridge and
SHUT THE HELL UP!

LetYouDown
06-29-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1.PP is a very smart guy, for him to marry a woman who wasn't a trophy wife would be demeaning.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying he should have married a trophy wife?

[ QUOTE ]
why don't you jump off a bridge and
SHUT THE HELL UP!

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this redundant?

drewjustdrew
06-29-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't know what is worse, the OP's insults or the respondents with their backhanded compliments of Paul's wife. Classic.

I would consider her a trophy and I'm sure Paul does as well.

ZenMusician
06-29-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA ... That's the line of the year. I love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only pray karma is real....

probably the most inappropriate thing I have read on here...
(links to more inappropriate lines sure to follow)

-ZEN

Dynasty
06-29-2005, 06:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/lock.gif

Worthless hate posts normally get deleted. But, I've been offline for the past two days while I moved and I'm not deleting a thread with so many replies.

Besides, Paul's tough. He can take a punch. Or, in this case, a few sissy slaps.