PDA

View Full Version : What percent should I get?

JaBlue
06-29-2005, 02:00 AM
My friend has an entry into a 100$ tournament that he cannot cancel. He wants me to play for him because he can't be there. What percentage should I take? I feel like 35% (or 33% to make it easy...) is a good number because its enough motivation to want to play. I've heard that the standard backing deal is 50% but I don't know how fair that would be. Also I don't want to charge my friend the standard is. The only reason I would take any percent is for motivation to play. Maybe that means I'm a degenerate gambler, but I need some kind of reward.

Anyway, anyone with backing experience or any logical answer please post it. Both of us want to be fair about it.

billyjex
06-29-2005, 04:07 AM
I would go with 50%, because his EV if he can't get you to play or anyone reasonable is $0. However, you state you don't want to charge your friend that much so obviously 33% would be fine if that's all you care for.

And there's no way I would not play this for money, this is hours you are putting in and you should have the chance to earn money for it.