PDA

View Full Version : Why one shouldn't play at 2 AM

Homer
02-02-2003, 12:25 AM
Same Party 5/10 as in my other recent posts.

I'm dealt 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif in the BB. MP open-raises, SB calls, I call.

Flop: 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I check my open ended straight flush draw, planning to checkraise a likely bet from MP, trapping SB in the middle.

MP bets, SB folds, I checkraise anyway, MP calls.

Turn: 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Perfect, or so I thought. I bet, MP raises (?), I call. I found MP's raise to be strange since my flop checkraise makes it fairly likely that I have a 3 or a 4, giving me a full-house. Yet MP raised when I bet on the turn. I couldn't rationally put MP on a 3 or 4, so I called. Right, wrong?

River: 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I check my flush, MP bets and I call. MP shows A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif and takes it down with the full-house. Wait a minute, why'd they push the pot to me? Oh [censored], that's right, I made a straight flush.

-- Homer

Jimbo
02-02-2003, 12:33 AM
Well Homer, if they know you will check-call with a straight flush it may make them less likely to bluff you when you are out of position in the future. You are simply too shrewd for them buddy!

Fitz
02-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Homer,

Last time I did that, I was in Vegas. I was blasted out of my mind, and playing a poker machine at 3am. I couldn't understand why the lights and bells were going off on my machine all I had was a straight... lol. Only Royal I ever got on one of those things, and I was too hammered to notice. Ahhh, the joys of youth.... lol

Mike Gallo
02-02-2003, 03:27 AM
It could have been much worse, you could have folded.

Ni han sir /forums/images/icons/grin.gif !!

Ray Zee
02-02-2003, 11:32 AM
homer, go stand in the corner for one whole hour. then you can back to two plus two.

Homer
02-02-2003, 12:11 PM
hi ray i took a nap instead, hopefully that counts.

-- homer

Bob T.
02-02-2003, 04:35 PM
No, Homer, that is why I have to play at 2 am, because there are a lot of those day dwellers playing that have overlasted their day. You won't ever catch me playing at 9 am though.

I did this once, on paradise, took me a while to figure out why it wasn't saying 'you lost, muck?'.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Ed Miller
02-02-2003, 05:33 PM
LOL... thanks for stopping by the small stakes forum, Ray. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif