PDA

View Full Version : Stella on Comedy Central

ceyoung
06-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Did anyone else see the premeire? i was really looking forward to it coming out on comedy central after watching the shorts.

I thought it was awesome. Discuss.

Skipbidder
06-29-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else see the premeire? I thought it was awesome. i was really looking forward to it coming out on comedy central after watching the shorts.

I thought it was awesome. Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you think it was awesome? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not sure yet.
I'll watch it again, though.

ceyoung
06-29-2005, 12:50 AM
whoops. wrote the post in two parts. removed the redundancy.

Skipbidder
06-29-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whoops. wrote the post in two parts. removed the redundancy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude! Leave it in. Now you make me look like even more of a tard than usual.

I'm watching the rerun now.
It's funnier when you actually watch it rather than just listening to it while engaging in multitabling some activity that is off topic to other other topics.

calmasahinducow
06-29-2005, 01:17 AM
I don't have cable but I played poker with Michael Showalter in NYC

ceyoung
06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
bump cause it's on again at 10:30pm tonight. if you liked the state you'll like this show.

private joker
07-07-2005, 07:11 PM
I saw this week's episode (losing my Stella virginity) and loved it. The one where MIB runs for building president, and it turns into a Manchurian Candidate spoof. So hilarious.

If The State was the best comedy troupe show of all time (and it was), then Stella has a chance to be in the top 5.

private joker
07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
I don't have cable but I played poker with Michael Showalter in NYC

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting -- Michael Ian Black was on Celebrity Poker Showdown.

ClaytonN
07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Michael Ian Black is basically the face of the "I love the (insert time period here) crap they put out on VH1. He was in around 20% of the commentaries, it seemed.

Stella is good humor, but retarded humor. So, weird.

Sponger15SB
07-07-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Michael Ian Black is basically the face of the "I love the (insert time period here) crap they put out on VH1. He was in around 20% of the commentaries, it seemed.

[/ QUOTE ]

And his only joke was....

"Do the words: Best. (tv/movie/song/product). ever. mean anything to you?"

private joker
07-07-2005, 07:30 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

Stella is good humor, but retarded humor. So, weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't disagree more. I think Stella, like The State, is some of the smartest humor on television. It's crackling with satire, really. Some really sharp observations on the structure of other types of comedy. Close to genius. Viva la Bam is retarded. Stella is very intelligent.

And I've seen Michael Ian Black around town a lot, like just hanging out at the Coffee Bean. He seems like a pretty cool, laid-back guy.