PDA

View Full Version : Debatable call?

DMACM
06-28-2005, 11:59 PM
I really thought about this one did I make the right move?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t520)
UTG (t5635)
Button (t1385)
SB (t460)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

UTG PUSHED FOLDED TO ME I CALLED

Myst
06-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Clear Fold even with AK.

lastchance
06-29-2005, 12:03 AM
No. You don't have a stack right now. There's no way in hell I'm folding AK, and ICM will back me up. For you to fold AK, you'd need a short stack, and you'd also need yourself to have a medium stack, much bigger than the short one, but smaller than the second.

I don't like to call with A8o. But you've got nothing in the way of chips...

Is UTG aggressive?

I think this is a call, but I'm not sure.

DMACM
06-29-2005, 12:08 AM
He hadnt been aggressive that I had noticed but I figured it to be an aggressive push since his stack was enormous. He ended up having A7 I was happy to see that hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Myst
06-29-2005, 12:13 AM
The original reason I would fold AK is becuase of the other shorty.. One way or another, he is going to have to go all in first because of the blinds.

But then again, the fact that 1/3 of your stack is already invested probably makes it a call with AK, but I would hate taking the 1/3 chance of busting out first.

TruFloridaGator
06-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah, but he has a decent shot of doubling up & then where are you. You can still play for first if you double up here. Why not since there is no guarantee the short stack will bust.

pergesu
06-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Any idea what his push range is? Running it through SNGPT, if he pushes 22+,A2+,K2+,Q2s+,Q6o+,J7s+,J9o+,T8s+,98s ("M" setting), then it's almost kind of a close fold, but still bad enough that I'm folding. If he's any tighter than that, it's an easy fold.

A big thing is when the blinds are going up. But I think this is over all a pretty clear fold.

lastchance
06-29-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The original reason I would fold AK is becuase of the other shorty.. One way or another, he is going to have to go all in first because of the blinds.

But then again, the fact that 1/3 of your stack is already invested probably makes it a call with AK, but I would hate taking the 1/3 chance of busting out first.

[/ QUOTE ]
But that 1/3 chance of busting out also means a very near 2/3 chance of finishing ITM. You don't have that by folding this hand here. (well, you might, but it's close enough that having an actual stack is worth calling).

Opponent really has to be pushing a lot of hands to call A8 here. I think at least 40% (conservative), probably 60%...

DMACM
06-29-2005, 12:41 AM
No clear idea of his range I think he had just recently come in to that huge stack and im not sure how he planned to make use of it. Id say in retrospect his range wa probably tight though. he ended up having a7.