PDA

View Full Version : Misplaying the nuts in an 11

DMACM
06-28-2005, 11:31 PM
I dont know exactly why I do plays like this but I do it all the time. I guess I just assume that a flush draw will call me because it happens so often, but I should give my foes more credit. Would it be better to put a huge raise in and push the turn or is this OK?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t495)
Hero (t800)
MP1 (t1215)
MP2 (t655)
MP3 (t765)
CO (t480)
Button (t775)
SB (t1215)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t57.50) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t125</font>, UTG+1 folds. fearless hero goes all in.

Final Pot: t182.50

lastchance
06-28-2005, 11:34 PM
You should raise to at least t250/t300... I think that's a bit too much of your stack. I think I'd push here, tons of people around, UTG saying "I want to play my hand."

Freudian
06-28-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd push here, tons of people around, UTG saying "I want to play my hand."

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't recall I have ever seen a player bet 2*pot on the flop and fold to a raise.

It could happen of course, but I haven't seen it yet.

pergesu
06-28-2005, 11:37 PM
I think I'd just call here and pop him on the turn. If it's a spade, it's totally dependent on how many players are in and what the action is to you. But I'd rather see if I could get a few more chips in on the flop, and then shove on the turn.

bluefeet
06-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Perfect IMO. You're facing a flush+straight draw and an overbet, I'm pushing.

pergesu
06-28-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd push here, tons of people around, UTG saying "I want to play my hand."

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't recall I have ever seen a player bet 2*pot on the flop and fold to a raise.

It could happen of course, but I haven't seen it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you want the original bettor to fold? I don't...

[ QUOTE ]

Perfect IMO. You're facing a flush+straight draw and an overbet, I'm pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone has 43s, or someone has 43 and another has a flush draw?

If that is in fact the case, I'd still rather just call. Let the draws come along there, then push the turn. They'll be a lot more willing to fold to a turn bet if they're still just drawing. I realize we want them coming in as dogs...but if you just call and then push the turn, you'll usually take down a really big pot without risking being outdrawn. When they do call, it's obviously still not bad for you.