PDA

View Full Version : 88 against pre-flop raiser, common situtation

mrwatson23
06-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.33 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.33 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.33 BB

tighterr
06-28-2005, 10:34 PM
I think a fold is necessary on the river. The button was raising preflop after seeing the utg come in with the co. I think his raise means a legit hand and with a J and Q out I think its safe to fold. Although I would have followed your line up to the river, I think a fold on the river is okay. (just dont make a habbit of it)

Lestat
06-28-2005, 10:48 PM
The decision here needs to be made on the turn. Some might 3-bet the flop with a worse hand than yours, but then opt for the free card on the turn. If this player has a propensity to continue betting a worse hand than eights here, your play is to check/raise the brick deuce on the turn. Betting out doesn't cut it as he's still likely to call with hands both better and worse than yours.

But against the average dolt, I'd say you're beat. So fold.