PDA

View Full Version : What next?

RRRRICK
06-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Blinds are 100/200, I'm second in chips on my table with $3,500. Pick up A10c two off the button. Play folds around to me and I raise to $800. Play folds to SB who has about 5K in chips and is a highly regarded player in this tourney. He pauses for a moment and calls. Flop comes 10,9,3 rainbow. He checks I bet 1,200, he check raises all in. Hmmmm now what?

Bigdaddydvo
06-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Call. He may have a mid pair and put you on overcards. I've used his move before.

hemstock
06-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Looks like a set?
Actually it makes sense for him to have hit a set. Pocket nines, threes or even tens are worth to call 4xBB pf raise. He gets excited after the flop and decides to kinda trap you with a check-raise all in. I fold.

Snupoker
06-28-2005, 10:27 PM
hmmm. this is a tough spot as youre left with 1500 left after your bet. 1800 in pre-flop, 1200 each in on the flop + his all in. he cant be pushing you off a hand. at first I thought this was NOT a set, but he knows youre calling so he has to have some sort of hand. The only way I can fold this hand is if small blind shows me 1010, 99, 33 or an over pair, but hell, i still might call if he doesnt have a set or 10-9, as opposed to leaving myself with 7 big blinds. im very interested as to what SB hand.

Pasterbator
06-28-2005, 10:32 PM
wouldn't it make just as much sense for him to have JJ+? In the SB, he should be confident enough to know that he will have a heads up pot, so smooth calling with JJ-AA is a strong possibilty? What do you think?

RRRRICK
06-28-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmmm. this is a tough spot as youre left with 1500 left after your bet. 1800 in pre-flop, 1200 each in on the flop + his all in. he cant be pushing you off a hand. at first I thought this was NOT a set, but he knows youre calling so he has to have some sort of hand. The only way I can fold this hand is if small blind shows me 1010, 99, 33 or an over pair, but hell, i still might call if he doesnt have a set or 10-9, as opposed to leaving myself with 7 big blinds. im very interested as to what SB hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought exactly as I did. Folding put me right back where I started at $1,500 and with 7BB's I wasn't laying this down. I thought if you have slow played an overpair or hit the set hats off to ya. But if I call and win the hand I'm up to 7K and I cripple one of the best players in the field. So I called and he turns over QJ, yes I was ahead but not feeling that great about his 14 outs. Whilst very aggressive I don't think it was a bad play on his behalf. He had me covered and had atleast 8 outs and as many as 14 depending on my holding. 14 turned out to be the magic number.