PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker WSOP Entry, MGM Grand, Cocktail party, etc.

Zinzan
06-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Called the MGM as I needed to verify broadband access, and was thinking of arriving a day early. They don't have a reservation in my name yet (or under PartyPoker or PartyGaming or PartyAnything). Should I be concerned?

Just sent an email to events@, but they've been terribly slow in responding. Has anyone had any success in getting details about the PartyPoker cocktail party and check-in requirements*, etc?

-Z

*From PartyPoker email: "You will need to check in with PartyPoker.com before the start of the tournament. We will also organize a cocktail reception on the evening of the 6th of July."

Zinzan
06-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Okay, I got a surprisingly quick response from Party's travel agency. I am booked to the MGM, but they mispelled my last name. And the MGM will provide details about PartyPoker check-in and the cocktail party when I arrive.

But it does sound like our rooms are very ordinary rooms, which should only be going for about $89-139/nt, instead of $200 (which Party priced them at). They say they'll refund us the difference after the tournament, but I'll believe it when I see it.

-Z