PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Pacman

mblax10
06-28-2005, 09:17 PM
So I recently bought Arcade Classics for X-box and remembered how great this game is. I remember reading somewhere how Phil Ivey is amazing at this game. I think I'm good, but am sure others are better. Does anybody still play this? What are some of your top scores?

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't remember my highest score, but I did pwn the high score at one of the cabinets near where I lived during the summers and it was a pretty competitive cabinet.

EDIT: Also, I can't imagine playing this game without a joystick. I can't imagine being able to pummel the x-box controller the way I pummeled the joystick on the actual machine. Pummel = cabinet shaking.

Michael Davis
06-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Ms. Pacman is the greatest game ever, but the size of her mouth always hurt my concentration. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

-Michael

wall_st
06-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I stole this without permission from barrygreenstein.com

[ QUOTE ]

Amusing anecdote

Phil had started playing in Los Angeles several years back and he asked me, “Where is the best place to live?” I told him, “I live in the best area, but it’s pretty pricy.” Phil always thinks big. He said, “I want to take a look at it.”

He came over to the house with his wife Luciaetta, and I needled him when I said, “See, this is how a successful poker player lives.” He said, “This is out of my league now, but some day I’ll own a big house like this, too.” Phil was especially interested in the sit-down Ms. Pac Man game that was in my gameroom. I mentioned that I bought it for my girlfriend because she was the best that I had ever seen at it. He said he was the best that anyone had ever seen. I got a call from someone at the airport who wanted me to pick them up. Phil and Luciaetta were having fun with my kids and I asked them if they minded watching my kids until I got back. Phil asked, “Can I play the Ms. Pac Man game?” I said, “Of course.” When I returned an hour later, Phil was still sitting playing the game. He smiled and said, “Well, your girlfriend doesn’t have the high score anymore.”"

good story

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy Incognito
06-28-2005, 10:51 PM
I remember getting to a point where the power pellets did nothing... but that was on the high-speed version. Don't recall what my score was.

ClaytonN
06-28-2005, 10:54 PM
I have gotten up to 150k.

You know when they have those little movie scenes in between rounds? The farthest I have gotten is when the stork drops the baby pacman to them.

Maybe farther, but my memory is fuzzy. I know I got past the crimson colored stage where power balls/pellets arent useful for killing the ghosties.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-28-2005, 10:54 PM
This is the greatest game of all time. It is my goal in life to one day own an authentic arcade-style... umm... unit. This game rocks and I play it every time I get the chance.

Dex
06-28-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the greatest game of all time. It is my goal in life to one day own an authentic arcade-style... umm... unit. This game rocks and I play it every time I get the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ms. Pacman and Galaga are the two greatest arcade games of all time.

ClaytonN
06-28-2005, 11:01 PM
I think if I am ever lucky enough to get rich in the future, a purchase of a ms. pac man / galaga machine would def be in the works

offTopic
06-28-2005, 11:14 PM
This is horribly, horribly geeky, but...

One of my coworkers has the cocktail game in his office. /images/graemlins/blush.gif 3 years ago, we had an interoffice contest, leading up to the Christmas holiday. Every quarter put in went to the prize pool. First prize was a GameBoy Color, 2nd and 3rd were gift certs from Wherehouse. Last place had to take 1-3 out to lunch. I won with 398,000+. Never came close after that, and can only break 200K occasionally now.

Sponger15SB
06-28-2005, 11:17 PM
http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&pi=2&gi=3162&vi=1386

2+2 wannabe
06-29-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know when they have those little movie scenes in between rounds? The farthest I have gotten is when the stork drops the baby pacman to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

so like level 4? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wonderwes
06-29-2005, 12:59 AM
This game along with Galaga is on Namco Museum. Its available for any console.

Also for any Mortal Kombat fans, you can get MK2 and MK3 on Midway Arcade 2.
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/134628.jpg

utmt40
06-29-2005, 01:02 AM
We all love Ms. Pacman, she swallows.

Brain
06-29-2005, 01:04 AM
eBay Ms. Pacman/Galaga (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=6189689 775&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

Alobar
06-29-2005, 01:10 AM
my uncle owns the actual ms pacman arcade and is amazing at that game. I've watched him get over 200K before dying even once. Im sure he would pwn phil

CallMeIshmael
06-29-2005, 01:19 AM
Ms Pacman and Peach from Super Mario Bros 2 are the two biggest steps taken in the history of the feminist movement.

wonderwes
06-29-2005, 01:29 AM
including Tomb Raider?

Dex
06-29-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is horribly, horribly geeky, but...

One of my coworkers has the cocktail game in his office. /images/graemlins/blush.gif 3 years ago, we had an interoffice contest, leading up to the Christmas holiday. Every quarter put in went to the prize pool. First prize was a GameBoy Color, 2nd and 3rd were gift certs from Wherehouse. Last place had to take 1-3 out to lunch. I won with 398,000+. Never came close after that, and can only break 200K occasionally now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was on the normal and not the sped-up version, then you've got my respect. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-29-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This game along with Galaga is on Namco Museum. Its available for any console.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have this and one or two other versions for the tv. It's not the same.

dtbog
06-29-2005, 10:31 AM
I have a Ms. Pacman machine in my house!

It was a gift from a cousin who had previously owned it -- and those cousins could get well into the 300k range. As another poster said -- the power pellets did nothing.

-dB