PDA

View Full Version : C's on the clock

FeelGoodAboutHood
06-28-2005, 09:15 PM
If they don't take Gerald Green, I'm gonna lose it.

Phoenix1010
06-28-2005, 09:16 PM
This definitely deserved a new thread.

FeelGoodAboutHood
06-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Sorry. Just preparing myself for the inevitable Hakim Warrick pick

Jack of Arcades
06-28-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice going, Nostradamus.

FeelGoodAboutHood
06-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Come on. You gotta recognize the perfect usage of the reverse jinx.

sam h
06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Hell yeah. Now they need to trade Pierce and free up some minutes.

FeelGoodAboutHood
06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Definitely. The problem is everyone around the league knows that Pierce has a drinking problem, so unless Ainge can talk Isaiah into a deal, they're stuck with him.

tbach24
06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell yeah. Now they need to trade Pierce and free up some minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this, but for what? I'm still sold on Perkins as the center of the future, Al Jefferson is ready to step in and star at PF, and we have a plethora of great bench guys. What could we get for him?

sam h
06-28-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking this, but for what? I'm still sold on Perkins as the center of the future, Al Jefferson is ready to step in and star at PF, and we have a plethora of great bench guys. What could we get for him?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good question. I am not yet convinced that Perkins can be a full time guy, so another big man in the rotation that can play defense and rebound would be ideal. But I'm not sure who that is.

tbach24
06-28-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good question. I am not yet convinced that Perkins can be a full time guy, so another big man in the rotation that can play defense and rebound would be ideal. But I'm not sure who that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

My ultimate fantasy (although not really possible): We get the Bulls to sign-and-trade us Tyson Chandler and some scrub for Pierce and Blount. Oh God I love Chandler. He's so good.

FeelGoodAboutHood
06-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Chandler would be great in Green. they've needed a garbage-man type guy for so long, he would be perfect. Unfortunately, no one's going near Pierce.

Aces McGee
06-29-2005, 12:11 AM
The Celtics simply need to sit tight with this group and let them develop together.

-McGee

Dead
06-29-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with Warrick, dickface?

Aytumious
06-29-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He lacks basic fundamental skills and doesn't have a position. Stromile Swift, anyone? Darius Miles?

Dead
06-29-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He lacks basic fundamental skills and doesn't have a position. Stromile Swift, anyone? Darius Miles?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a first team all-American you fool.

Aytumious
06-29-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great, fool, but its not going to improve his jump shot, ballhandling, or girth.

Dead
06-29-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great, fool, but its not going to improve his jump shot, ballhandling, or girth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I understand that you wanted the iced out nug from H-town.

Aytumious
06-29-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I understand that you wanted the iced out nug from H-town.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell does that mean? Anyway, I just don't think Warrick has the type of game that translates to the NBA because he's not big enough to be a 4 and does not come close to having the skills to be a starting 3. Decent bench fodder.

Dead
06-29-2005, 09:51 PM
That's where you're wrong, Aytuminous. Warrick can be a big 3, and his long arms will make him tough to guard, and he is fast enough to outrun 4s, but too tall for 3s to guard effectively. Think Tayshaun Prince. That's Warrick.

contentless
07-02-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Celtics simply need to sit tight with this group and let them develop together.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

It's been discussed heavily, but is there a better player for the growth of Gerald Green than Pierce? The fact that Green will be playing against Pierce every day (1st v 2nd team, 1 on 1, whatever on whatever) will do wonders for his growth. I really can't think of any other player in the NBA that would do better to bring out the competitive nature in another basketball player. Pierce talks that much trash, and he backs it up too.

Blackjack
07-02-2005, 07:32 PM
[quote}

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf.. why get people for positions we already have...

Lets trade for Chris Paul baby. who the [censored] is our pointguard

Aytumious
07-02-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's where you're wrong, Aytuminous. Warrick can be a big 3, and his long arms will make him tough to guard, and he is fast enough to outrun 4s, but too tall for 3s to guard effectively. Think Tayshaun Prince. That's Warrick.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can argue about this all day, but Prince actually has range out to 3 which Warrick clearly doesn't have, and he has much better handles. To top it off, Warrick spent almost his entire college career in the post, whereas Prince was always a wing player.

It is going to be a tough transition for Hakim, IMHO.

tbach24
07-02-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf.. why get people for positions we already have...

Lets trade for Chris Paul baby. who the [censored] is our pointguard

[/ QUOTE ]

We have Banks and Delonte and I heard something today about Antonio Daniels. I think we're set.