PDA

View Full Version : WPT Championship airs tomorrow..3 hours

Army Eye
06-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Tune in an hour early. It looks like they are allocating three hours to the WPT Championship airing tomorrow. 8pm to 11pm Eastern.

Good job by Travel Channel, though it'd be better still if the WPT Championship was multiple episodes

ed8383
06-28-2005, 08:14 PM
From what I read from the blogs this was a great final table with lots of action and drama

Zygote
06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From what I read from the blogs this was a great final table with lots of action and drama

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone know the results?

BadVoodooX
06-28-2005, 09:33 PM
The broadcast won't go anywhere near the question that has really caused the most controversy which is how much of each other Tuan Le and Hasan had and how that affected their play.

wall_st
06-28-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The broadcast won't go anywhere near the question that has really caused the most controversy which is how much of each other Tuan Le and Hasan had and how that affected their play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good thing, sort of. First off no one knows the answer to this question or the reason for Hasan's decision to fold. Also it is not the WPT's job to make their own events look bad.

I think that nothing good could come of pointing this questionable play out to the general public. Backing has always been subject to ethics questions, and showing backing in a poor light could lead the general public to belive that poker players really do collude with each other, just like on that garbage TILT, thus hurting the game

Iron Tigran
06-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Not sure about that. Look at baseball getting dragged thru Congress for their pathetic policy on banned substances. The public doesn't like dirty secrets, and react with more scorn if it is covered up rather than at least addressed with a pledge to have a cleaner game.

If poker is to be a real sport, it must talk about what is really going on. Sponsors will demand it as well.

ononimo
06-28-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If poker is to be a real sport

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a sport at all.

TomHimself
06-28-2005, 11:27 PM
they will show the tuan le hand where hasin habib folded, they wouldnt not show that

vindikation
06-28-2005, 11:49 PM
details please???

b00gal00ga
06-29-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
details please???

[/ QUOTE ]

Analysis of folding KJs (http://extempore.livejournal.com/91711.html)

TimTimSalabim
06-29-2005, 02:05 AM
Paul Phillips blog has the details here (http://extempore.livejournal.com/91375.html)

And here (http://extempore.livejournal.com/91711.html) is an indepth analysis of folding KJ in that spot.

TimTimSalabim
06-29-2005, 02:08 AM
THat's really weird that we posted that at the exact same time /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

b00gal00ga
06-29-2005, 02:18 AM
very

Joseph Busti
06-29-2005, 04:45 AM
Tuan Le wins.

wall_st
06-29-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure about that. Look at baseball getting dragged thru Congress for their pathetic policy on banned substances. The public doesn't like dirty secrets, and react with more scorn if it is covered up rather than at least addressed with a pledge to have a cleaner game.

If poker is to be a real sport, it must talk about what is really going on. Sponsors will demand it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baseball is an established icon within american culture. As of right now poker is merely a flash in the pan, if its popularity remains this strong over the next 5 years I will be extremely surprised.

It would not take much to take down poker a notch or two, comparing it to baseball is completely out of the question.