PDA

View Full Version : Any 2 suited in SB @ 3/6? (I already ran a search)

kiddj
06-28-2005, 07:42 PM
I skimmed through SSH, HEPFAP, and some other crap book I own and I ran a search here for "+3/6 +sb" over the past year.

In SSH, it advocates playing any 2 suited from the small blind (unraised), but it provides no discussion regarding the $3/6 blind structure.

What odds does the pot need to be offering to make calling the extra $2 with any 2 suited +EV? (I am planning on playing at a B&M $3/6 this weekend, so this question is geared more toward crappy B&M play.) Thanks!!!

Nick C
06-28-2005, 07:46 PM
SSH's discussion of playing from the SB in the 1/3 structure appears on page 92.

It recommends playing only the hands you would play on the Button.

kiddj
06-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I read that, but I was wondering if anyone had any more to offer on that. Or is it that it's just not worth playing the 2/3 blind with any 2 suited: even at a loose-passive B&M?

sy_or_bust
06-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Any 2 suited an awful idea at 3/6 (and overrated at 2/4), especially when there aren't tons of limpers. You can loosen up slightly more than the Button, but it doesn't matter very much. This is very marginal, and if you don't play very sharply postflop you will cost yourself money with these extra hands.

kiddj
06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll take them out of my SB play list, unless I get a very good read on the table/players. /images/graemlins/wink.gif