PDA

View Full Version : 4/8 at mgm hand

chiachu
06-28-2005, 07:09 PM
this occured over a week ago, so ill try to recall as best as possible.

Hero delt AQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: Hero raises (either from UTG or UTG+1), 3 callers, blinds fold.

1st/3rd callers are loose/passive call stations. 2nd caller is moderatly loose, moderatly aggro.

Flop: i dont recall exactly, but something like 37T with 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif's

hero leads, player 1 calls, player 2 2-bets, player 3 calls, hero 3-bets, player 1 calls, player 2 4-bets, player 3 calls, hero caps, all call

Turn: blank
hero leads, all call

river: blank
hero leads...

on a side note, i was at the mgm playing 4/8 from june 19-22. Just curious if i played with any 2+2'ers. I was the young asian kid with a gray sweater and an ipod.

sy_or_bust
06-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Flop is cool, must be a great table. Turn is only OK when player 2 won't raise. Checking is fine, even if your hand is "obvious", because these guys aren't folding and you'll get your bets regardless. I know you can't remember the turn/river cards, but there really aren't any blanks that can come, considering this flop's gutshot love. The river is just a bad idea.

Qwijibo
06-28-2005, 07:59 PM
I was playing 4/8 at MGM on the 24th, and got stuck at a table with a bunch of TAGs. How were the games when you were there?

chiachu
06-28-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop is cool, must be a great table. Turn is only OK when player 2 won't raise. Checking is fine, even if your hand is "obvious", because these guys aren't folding and you'll get your bets regardless. I know you can't remember the turn/river cards, but there really aren't any blanks that can come, considering this flop's gutshot love. The river is just a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i dont recall the turn or river at all, other then the fact they didnt complete my draw, pair the board, or bring a card higher than a J. The river bet was out of sheer desperation, and i wish i could take it back /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The 4/8 at the mgm seemed to vary alot from tble to table. I was on some tables filled with TAGs, and others full of LP/LAGs.