PDA

View Full Version : Dan Patrick interview w/ Jeremy Roenick

Sponger15SB
06-28-2005, 06:40 PM
WHAT A STOMPING!!!!!

Roenick should just kill himself after this. My god this is so embarassing.

yoadrians
06-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Brutal - I agree. It all stems from those comments J.R. made the other day ... which is too bad, because he made some excellent points during that initial interview and came off really, really well. Well, until he told the fans they could 'kiss his ass.'

Sponger15SB
06-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Well, whats really sad is that JR is a good, fan friendly guy. I knew this even before he told some fans to "kiss his ass".

Anyways kudos to Dan Patrick for really putting out some hard hitting questions. I wish political interviews were more like this.

sublime
06-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, whats really sad is that JR is a good, fan friendly guy.

who likes to destroy hotel rooms are the USOC's watch.

Drac
06-29-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JR is good for hockey. Skilled player that isn't afraid of contact and isn't afraid to speak his mind. He's certainly not perfect but it's good to have guys like JR and Hull and not a bunch of stiffs like the PGA has.

MoreWineII
06-29-2005, 02:12 PM
If he backpedaled any faster, he'd have tripped.

What a complete and utter moron. Too stupid to keep his mouth shut and too much of a coward to stand by his comments once he made them.

Then again, this is NHL news so who cares.

jacki
06-29-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too stupid to keep his mouth shut and too much of a coward to stand by his comments once he made them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't hear the interview, but it's terrible when someone says something stupid and can't admit they made a mistake.

Victor
06-29-2005, 03:13 PM
is he a baseball player?.....basketball?.....football?

i dont get it. why is this guy even on tv?

sublime
06-29-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is he a baseball player?.....basketball?.....football?

i dont get it. why is this guy even on tv?

[/ QUOTE ]

very good point

sublime
06-29-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JR is good for hockey. Skilled player that isn't afraid of contact and isn't afraid to speak his mind. He's certainly not perfect but it's good to have guys like JR and Hull and not a bunch of stiffs like the PGA has.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes a punk, has been since his HS days up the street. how is he good for hockey? really, hes not gretzky or mario, hes a abover average player who has a mouth. wow.

Drac
06-29-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hes a punk, has been since his HS days up the street. how is he good for hockey? really, hes not gretzky or mario, hes a abover average player who has a mouth. wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? He's much better than above average (maybe not now because of age but he was in his prime), plays an entertaining style of hockey and isn't afraid to speak his mind. Maybe your personal dislike of him from his days "up the street" sways your opinion of him. Do I personally know him? Nope. Maybe he's a punk. He also is candid (a rarity in any sport), knows the game, was about the only player to come out and say a salary cap would be OK before the season was cancelled, and is normally an entertaining quote/interview.

He clearly f'd up this time. I'd still rather have a bunch of guys like him than the 100's of guys spewing cliches that we have throughout sports.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-29-2005, 03:49 PM
One could argue he's the Curt Schilling of hockey. Not for this latest event in particular, but just his style, character, and the way he talks so candidly.

MoreWineII
06-29-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Too stupid to keep his mouth shut and too much of a coward to stand by his comments once he made them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't hear the interview, but it's terrible when someone says something stupid and can't admit they made a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

He backpedaled, then Patrick asked him what he'd say today if the question were posed again and he basically told the fans to kiss his ass again. So he's either really confused or he's afraid to say what he really thinks and stand behind it.

Aytumious
06-29-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He backpedaled, then Patrick asked him what he'd say today if the question were posed again and he basically told the fans to kiss his ass again. So he's either really confused or he's afraid to say what he really thinks and stand behind it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did diffentiate between some random idiot who comes up and tells him he's a stupid selfish bastard and an actual caring hockey fan. I'd tell the random idiot to fuckoff most likely too if he's not smart enough to look into what's actually happening and just blames the players.

jacki
06-29-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? He's much better than above average (maybe not now because of age but he was in his prime), plays an entertaining style of hockey and isn't afraid to speak his mind. Maybe your personal dislike of him from his days "up the street" sways your opinion of him. Do I personally know him? Nope. Maybe he's a punk. He also is candid (a rarity in any sport), knows the game, was about the only player to come out and say a salary cap would be OK before the season was cancelled, and is normally an entertaining quote/interview.

He clearly f'd up this time. I'd still rather have a bunch of guys like him than the 100's of guys spewing cliches that we have throughout sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy Roenick was awesome in NHL 99.
Him and Pavel Bure kicked arse

Victor
06-29-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Jeremy Roenick was awesome in NHL 99.
Him and Pavel Bure kicked arse

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yea. thats what hes from. that guy from calgary is better the tho.

ThaSaltCracka
06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One could argue he's the Curt Schilling of hockey. Not for this latest event in particular, but just his style, character, and the way he talks so candidly.

[/ QUOTE ]you mean he is a douche bag, right?

MoreWineII
06-29-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did diffentiate between some random idiot who comes up and tells him he's a stupid selfish bastard and an actual caring hockey fan. I'd tell the random idiot to fuckoff most likely too if he's not smart enough to look into what's actually happening and just blames the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's probably true.

B00T
06-30-2005, 03:17 AM
Any real hockey fan understood what he meant. He reitterated that when his comments supposedly got taken out of context. To show a clip of him just saying the fans can kiss my ass of course makes him look bad.

What he said was 100% accurate. Most people don't want the burden to being tied to such a statement or viewed as the one stirring the pot, but I bet more hockey players feel like him than don't. As a huge hockey fan I don't take any offense to what he said, he's right.

BreakfastBurrito
06-30-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jeremy Roenick was awesome in NHL 94 .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Also, having played poker with him multiple times at Borgata, I was always impressed by how accomodating he was to any fans who approached him, even the drunk obnoxious ones. Any athlete who decides to be outspoken with the media is going to be made to look stupid.

MoreWineII
06-30-2005, 10:36 AM
I don't think it's so much what he said, it's the timing of it. That sport has pretty much already lost its casual fans though, so I guess blasting them doesn't make much difference one way or the other.