PDA

View Full Version : rebuilding phase help me plan

sng-sam
06-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Ok thanks to many of you I started in April with $50 and have earned approx $3000.00...I've since hit a huge downswing and am now back to playing 10+1 tournaments witha 300 bankroll. I believe that most of my problem came when I decided to 4 table the 20+2s. So my plan is the following and I am seeking suggestions on how to tweak this before I begin in earnest.

Play One (1) 10+1 at a time until such time as I have ~45% ITM and 30% ROI over at least 250 tournys.

Then 2 table 10+1s for 250 more tournys. if Stats are same after 2nd set of 250. move to 4 tables.

Then if I can maintain this for 250 more tournys I will move up to 20+2s but......only 1 table.

All of this while maintaining 30-100 buyin BR.

If at anytime the stats dip significantly I will move down to the previous level. (i.e. move from 4 tables to 2 or 2 to 1 etc.)

I will not move up regardless of how fat my bankroll is unless the above stats are met.

My hope is that while restricting the speed of my growth into more challenging scenarios I will find the leaks in my game and plug them.

How would you change the above? Sincere replies appreciated.

SAM

zambonidrivr
06-28-2005, 05:59 PM
no one will respond to this due to your jackass approach to asking the question. No one gives a flying [censored] about how you turned 50 into 500K.

Freudian
06-28-2005, 06:01 PM
I would two table. I don't think you can do anything one-tabling that you can't do two-tabling. There will be plenty of time to follow each player.

Lady Dont Tekno
06-28-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no one will respond to this due to your jackass approach to asking the question. No one gives a flying [censored] about how you turned 50 into 500K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew. Girlfriend cheat on you?

LDT

AKQJ10
06-28-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm no multitabling genius -- hell, for that matter I'm playing Pacific 2s and 4s to learn SnGs -- but it sounds like a plan.

You might also diversify a bit when you move into the 20s by playing 10% 20s, then 20%, then 30%. Or reward yourself with a 20 each time you win a 10.

sng-sam
06-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Thank you for you sincere response.Those who know me, know me know me to not be a poster prone to bragging I only say this to thank those involved in the evoloution. Citanul,Eastbay,Aleomagus,Curtains and many others. If you prefer to show yourself a JACKASS, let me assure you ....MISSION ACOMPLISHED. As for others this is a sincere post and I hope it is viewed as such.

SAM

The Yugoslavian
06-28-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks to many of you I started in April with $50 and have earned approx $3000.00...I've since hit a huge downswing and am now back to playing 10+1 tournaments witha 300 bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not many posters are capable of posting this. Kudos to you.

[ QUOTE ]

I believe that most of my problem came when I decided to 4 table the 20+2s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, or that could have been when bad variance struck and your game could have gotten completely f'ed up.

[ QUOTE ]

So my plan is the following and I am seeking suggestions on how to tweak this before I begin in earnest.

Play One (1) 10+1 at a time until such time as I have ~45% ITM and 30% ROI over at least 250 tournys.

Then 2 table 10+1s for 250 more tournys. if Stats are same after 2nd set of 250. move to 4 tables.

Then if I can maintain this for 250 more tournys I will move up to 20+2s but......only 1 table.

All of this while maintaining 30-100 buyin BR.

If at anytime the stats dip significantly I will move down to the previous level. (i.e. move from 4 tables to 2 or 2 to 1 etc.)

I will not move up regardless of how fat my bankroll is unless the above stats are met.

My hope is that while restricting the speed of my growth into more challenging scenarios I will find the leaks in my game and plug them.

How would you change the above? Sincere replies appreciated.

SAM

[/ QUOTE ]

Your stats are too high. You will almost surely either be stuck in the 11s for way too long or you will have to catch a big heater to satisfy the requirements.

How about you just do profit goals and be more careful this time? By doing this you assure you don't move up without a nice $$ cushion....I think not 4 tabling is a great idea. Resist temptation to go from 1 to 4 tables, if you feel like going back to 4, go to 2 first and hopefully you will be engaged enough to stick with that.

Carefully review every single HH you play. Post hands you're not sure about. Find someone you can look over 1 HH a week with (pick an interesting one).

Play the right way.

Yugoslav
<font color="white"> And if posters discourage you about being a dumbf*ck, tell them you'll gouge their eyes out with live cigars while kicking them in the shins repeatedly and calling them 'little sissy girls who are in love with SailorSkipper'</font>

Moonsugar
06-28-2005, 06:31 PM
What is a 'live cigar'?

LMAO @ the inane/insane/improved Yugoslavian!

johnnybeef
06-28-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

LMAO @ the inane/insane/improved Yugoslavian!

[/ QUOTE ]

please don't encourage him

gumpzilla
06-28-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful that you don't bore yourself silly and spring new leaks in the process. It will likely take a long time and a pretty good run to hit 45% ITM in 10 person tournaments. Also, it's important to put in context whatever lessons you learn while doing this. Things that you think of as leaks at the 10s may not be leaks at the 20s, etc.

Slim Pickens
06-28-2005, 06:46 PM
I really dislike using anything but bankroll to decide when to move up. My approach to keeping my game in shape while still earning max $ is to 4-table at the appropriate level (all 22's right now, though I like the idea of mixing levels among the 4 tables to get the exact "buy-in" you want) while occasionally (once every few days) moving up to the 33's to single-table. I study the transcripts from the 33's and use them to analyze my game. The problem with ROI/ITM goals is that even if you fall below that 30% ROI goal at the 11's, you'll have the bankroll to move up to the 22's, and probably be tempted to do just that. Might as well just plan it that way.

SlimP

GtrHtr
06-28-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up Frances. Who named you forum police for the week.

Sam, I think Slim's advice is very sound. If you are comfortable one tabling, do so but you'll be doing it for a while. How long? I have no idea. I've recently switched over and am playing the 11s. With focus, single tabling could provide you with some awesome stats. 2 tabling isn't that much different as you are aware. If you want- you could start off singling, move to staggered starts (crank up a new one when you're on the bubble with the first) or do them in sets.

I really think this is more of a confidence problem and whatever gets you back on track is exactly what you should do.

To paraphrase Slim though, I'd stick to BR guidelines for moving up and down.

Gtr

tminus
06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
started in April with $50 and have earned approx $3000.00...

[/ QUOTE ]

hats off to you man

pergesu
06-28-2005, 08:12 PM
If you lost $2700 at the $22s, you shouldn't be worrying about how to decide what limit to play - you should fix whatever major leaks you have. 120 buyin downswings just don't happen at the $22s...it's likely you have some major, major problems with your game. I'd carefully review all your HHs, find some poster who's willing to look at entire tournies for you, and post a lot of hands here.

As far as moving up, go with what Slim said. ROI and ITM stats aren't that great for deciding when to move up, really. If you've got the roll and confidence to play higher, go for it.

sng-sam
06-28-2005, 10:06 PM
oops! No I cashed out most of my winnings but did have a $700 downswing

Turk
06-28-2005, 10:19 PM

Ever hear of anger management? Look into it.