PDA

View Full Version : Unknockoutable

Roland
06-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Villain isn’t exactly solid, but not a total fish either. This is completely standard right?

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes___folds
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (6.00 SB)

Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

5th Street - (4.00 BB)

Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

Total pot: (4.00 BB)

djr
06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
As you may notice from my posts...I suck. But...why check/call 4th? Why not just bet out.

Other than that, I fold 5th too (which might mean that's the wrong move /images/graemlins/confused.gif)

bigredlemon
06-28-2005, 05:49 PM
to avoid trapping himself. Let the villain announce what he has. With a completion and a raise, Hero is almost certain to beat jacks. To call, villain either needs a bigger pair or trips. 678 suited is still a dog to an overpair, and barely even money if he hits his flush card on 4th. A reasonably competent player would have to fold it on third. I think the only thing he could have is rolled 6s.

Roland
06-28-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With a completion and a raise, Hero is almost certain to beat jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You meant villain?

bigredlemon
06-28-2005, 06:01 PM
No I mean hero. Villain has to put you on a hand that beats jacks, most probably queens. The pot is very tiny when it gets to him, so he could only call if thought he was the money favourite, and that is a hand that beats queens since there is no draw he can have that is ahead of you on 3rd.

Roland
06-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah well, he isn’t calling me with tens here. Like I said, he is no total fish. And yeah, it’s possible he has me beat with AA, KK or even rolled sixes. But I also said he’s not exactly solid, so I think his most likely starting hand is a three flush.

beta1607
06-28-2005, 06:41 PM
At first I hated the check on 4th but now I kind of like it.

The pot is big and villan isn't folding to a bet on 4th with any hand so if you can try and keep the pot small and hope to knock villan out on a brick on 5th or get away easier from your hand if villan catches scary. Another problem with betting 4th is you have no idea where you will be on 5th, since a /images/graemlins/heart.gif or any Ace or King is a scare card for you.

I think this was played very well - but you are still a fish /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bigredlemon
06-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Does it make sense to bet 4flush on 4th though?
He's not much of a favourite against you, so he's not exactly getting much value. If he bets 4th and hits a flush card, you're certainly going to fold most of your hands. If checks behind you, you'd be more willing to call if he hits 3suited cards up by giving him more credit for a pair.
Betting 4th really only makes sense if he doesn't actually have a good flush draw and is setting up a bluff (or already has you beat)

beta1607
06-28-2005, 07:02 PM
"Does it make sense to bet 4flush on 4th though?"

I would bet here for a couple of reasons:

1. set up a bluff on later streets.
2. Try to take a free card on 5th or 6th if I am on a 4 flush and brick
3. Roland has no idea where Villan is at.

bholdr
06-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Looks right to me. Even if he is just semi-bluffing, his board on fifth is just too powerful to call, and the pot is still pretty small, i like the fold.