PDA

View Full Version : SNG Site Reviews

gildwulf
06-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey everyone,

Since most of us are partyskin people, I wanted to make a searchable list of SNG websites that we know are solid/not solid with the following format (I will start the first one):

Party SNGs (Multipoker, Intertops, Eurobet, Empire, Party)
Number of chips: 800 chips up to 50+5, 1000 chips for 50+5 and up
Blind structure: Goes up every 10 hands; Level 1-10/15, Level 2-15/30, Level 3-25/50, Level 4-50/100, Level 5-75/150, Level 6-100/200, Level 7-200/400, Level 8-250/500, Level 9-300/600
Number of players: 10, no short-handed
Payout structure: 50/30/20
Scale of Difficulty (1 is lowest, 10 is highest):
5+1 and 10+1- 1 (Easiest)
20+1 and 30+1-3 (Easy)
50+5- 5 (Medium )
100+9-7 (Hard)
200+15-9 (Very difficult)
Rakeback for SNGs?: yes, on Partyskins
Heads-up SNGs: No
Average time: 45 min (??? this is a guesstimate)

This is a very basic, rough draft example of what we could do...I am interested in hearing about places like Bodog and other places. Ideally, we would take all the responses to this threat and amalgamate them into one thread, and put a sticky on it.

Criticisms of categories (I know the level of difficulty is vague but we could use Partyskins as a control variable for other SNG sites) and other parts of this scheme are welcome.

I think this could be a really great, painless way for people who have stuck to Partyskins see what else is out there without making a deposit. It would be kinda like bonuswhores for SNGs, but with no bonuses:P

What does everyone think?

Zach

spentrent
06-28-2005, 04:28 PM
I think that YOU are an ADD kid on a productivity binge. We should work on making some websites.

gildwulf
06-28-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm just tired of the noise:P This forum has so much f*&)()(*& potential...

maddog2030
06-28-2005, 04:40 PM
I'll post the results to the wiki.

AKQJ10
06-28-2005, 04:59 PM
That definitely sound like the kind of collaborative project where wikis are most useful.

I had already started to add some of this for Pacific just because I happen to play there: http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Pacific_Poker#Sit-and-gos . The format isn't set in stone -- for example, # of chips and blind structure also should be there as gildwulf says.

Anyway, editing on a wiki is fun bc you can stop halfway and someone will pick up where you left off. Good for us ADD types. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AKQJ10
06-28-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that YOU are an ADD kid on a productivity binge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but they never last. Not speaking for gildwulf; speaking for myself.

gildwulf
06-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Can you make this a section by itself? IE, Places to play SNGs or something.

AKQJ10
06-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Sure... but so can you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously, try creating an article with a title like, oh, I dunno, SNG sites (http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/SNG_sites). If you'd like me to help I certainly can, but I'd also encourage you to try editing on there. It's kinda fun (granted, in my odd concept of fun).

But even if you just get the raw unformatted info up there, someone else will likely come along and make it look better.

Incidentally, the reason I prefer a wiki as a store of persistent information rather than sticky threads is that some message forums end up with too many sticky threads (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60). My take is, any forum where I can't tell if there's new content w/o scrolling has too many sticky threads. I realize that reasonable minds may differ though.

Big Limpin'
06-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I think this is a teriffic idea. Heres what *i* know of:

Pokerroom SNGs (PR.com, Hollywoodpoker.com, betonbet.com, betson.com, etc))
Number of chips: 1500 chips all levels
Blind structure: Like party...Goes up every 10 hands; Level 1-15/30, Level 2-25/50, Level 3-50/100, Level 4-75/150, Level 5-100/200, Level 6-150/300, Level 7-200/400, Level 8-300/600, Level 9-400/800, Level 10-500-1000, Level 11(cap)-600-1200
Number of players: 10, they do have 5-max SnG
5+.50 and 10+1- 2 (Cakewalk, but a tad above PP)
20+2 and 30+3-4 (Easy, but significantly above PP)
50+ *4* - 5 (Medium, honestly, i thought they were on par w. PP 55s )
100+ *8* -10 (I know of nobody who plays these for a profit...they go off about only a few times an hour, and its 10 guys of a pool of like 25 or so...you can beat the "game", but to the extect that you beat the rake?....well, if you can beat this game, you can crush PP215 for way more $.hr)
200+15- NOT OFFERED
Rakeback for SNGs?: not on the queen bee, but i know BetOnBet.com offer up to 40% (sliding scale, you are unlikely to get 40% playing SnGs....but the 35% level is doable quadding the $54s for 40 hrs/wk, and tom/dick/harry all can easily nab 30% rakeback quadding the 22s/33s
Average time: 50-60min min

FullTiltPoker.com SNGs
Number of chips: 1500 chips all levels
Blind structure: Fack man, i forget
Number of players: 10, i dont remember any shorthanded
5+1 and 10+1- ? (Dunno...bet they are easy)
20+2 and $33s NOT OFFERED - 0.9 (OMG they were stupid weak, wow, wow, wow)
50+5 - 5 (I felt like they were beatable...saw so many donk moves, but my record there over about 100 or so was only very slightly +ROI....single digits....i felt that i could get 15-20% there though, i did run semi-bad)
100+ 9 -7 (I only played like half a dozen...so who knows?, but i pulled big coin out of what i did play (prime time/1-tabling)...also, in the 2 game i played with John Juanda, i outplaced him in both /images/graemlins/grin.gif boo-ya!)
200+15- fack i dunno here either...i think they were offered, but i never saw one fill up if there were. also, for the 109s, dont count on one going off more than every 30 minutes)
Rakeback for SNGs?: Yessir. I got 25% via some or another affiliate.....25% is the standard for this site. None better/none worse
Average time: 1hr+

AKQJ10
06-28-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a teriffic idea. Screw the dissenting 3 previous posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's dissent to say, "That's a great idea; IMO this information would be best stored at such-and-such".

At any rate, since you seem hostile to the wiki, I'll show you the respect of not copy/pasting your content over there.

Big Limpin'
06-28-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a teriffic idea. Screw the dissenting 3 previous posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's dissent to say, "That's a great idea; IMO this information would be best stored at such-and-such".

At any rate, since you seem hostile to the wiki, I'll show you the respect of not copy/pasting your content over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, no, no, man, i dint mean you.....it took me a while to type out that post, and others replied in the time i was typing it out....what i mean was:

"im a big 'tard, dont even concern yourself with my jibber-jabber " /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

AKQJ10
06-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Now I'm even more confused, because it was gildwulf's idea in the first place. But no offense taken.

I'm all for putting information wherever people can use it. My sticky threads commentary was more a mini-rant about other forums than anything to do with 2+2. One or two like most 2+2 forums have doesn't bug me; it's just when there's half a dozen. I should probably just change my screen resolution. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gildwulf
06-28-2005, 05:38 PM
I am so confused right now.

I am going to give Limpin's comments the benefit of the doubt and say thanks a ton for posting about these sites:P

Big Limpin'
06-28-2005, 05:41 PM
yeah i got all confused...i opened the post (not notin who seeded it), say spentrent give the OP the gears, then see guildy respond to that.....i misinterpreted it as guild trashing the OP's idea.

Now that i look at it , i see the the trasher refers to spentrent, and the trasher is the OP, and heh, whatever

anyways, its good idea Guild....

(there should be an "embarrassed emoticon" /images/graemlins/blush.gif) )

Big Limpin'
06-28-2005, 05:41 PM
yeah dude, sorry, see above...im now gonna see if i still have time to edit my posts to make things right /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Big Limpin'
06-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Also, can someone continue in this vein with regards to BODAWG ???? I hear they have a signup bonus (20%)clearable with SnGs, which (from their website) clears at TWO TIMES THE RAKE , meaning that if i deposit, like, say, $1000, i have $200 bonus, and for every $1 in rake i pay, i get $2 of my bonus cleared....

This seems too good to be true?

Would anyone be willing to comment on the beatability of the games?

benza13
06-28-2005, 05:56 PM
I played at Bodog for a while. They start with 1000 chips (this is for the 5s, 10s and 20s that I played) and have a structure something similar to Party although I dont remember off the top of my head. I played there before I found 2+2, but found the SNGs to be pretty beatable even then, along with every other game on there that I played. I am sure with good strategy that you could crush these levels. When I played there they did not have anything higher than $100 and those were infrequent. Bodog is definitely not a multitablers paradise at the higher limits. Come to think of it I have no idea how many tables you can have there, I never played more than 2 at the time.

AKQJ10
06-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Actually I redirected that link I posted before to point to http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/SNGs_by_site . Lemme know what you think; it's entirely flexible.

Big Limpin', mind if I paste your info up there?

Big Limpin'
06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big Limpin', mind if I paste your info up there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, for sure. If nobody else steps up, i can also give it for Paradise, Pacific, and Stars, although my memory is a bit hazy about the details for those sites...its been a while. Hopefully, someone with a more refreshed memory can take care of that...