PDA

View Full Version : Error in HEPFAP

ZManODS
01-31-2003, 03:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone elses book has this same misprint. On page 97 (raising) It says:
"You also can raise as a semi-bluff. For example, suppose you have Ah 4c and the flop is Jd8s3c and everyone checks. If the next card is the 5c giving you the and gut-shot straight draw, you should usually raise if someone bets."
Im assuming the Ah should be a Ac. Anyone elses like this?

Wingnut
01-31-2003, 06:52 PM
I don't think that's a misprint (unless you mis-printed the quote, which is possible considering your post says "giving you the and gut-shot"). "Gut-shot" refers to any 4-out straight draw (i.e., not just your typical "inside" straight draw, but also A234 and AKQJ, which only make a straight one way).

In your example, yes, having Ac4c would be a better semi-bluff (now having the gutshot and the flush draw), but you can still semi-bluff raise with only the gutshot.

Ed Miller
01-31-2003, 07:34 PM
I'm sure that this example was intended to be having the A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif on a board of J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . Their commentary was meant to say that you now have the nut flush draw and a gutshot straight draw. They would not advocate a marginal play like semibluffing just a gutshot and an overcard on the turn... while it may be correct in some situations... it would not be an example in the book (notwithstanding the T9 example).

ZManODS
01-31-2003, 07:44 PM
I was wondering if anyone elses book has this same misprint. On page 97 (raising) It says:
"You also can raise as a semi-bluff. For example, suppose you have Ah 4c and the flop is Jd8s3c and everyone checks. If the next card is the 5c giving you the nut flush and gut-shot straight draw, you should usually raise if someone bets."
Im assuming the Ah should be a Ac. Anyone elses like this?

Sorry i wrote that so quick before i didnt even put in the part thats the error. Ha

pudley4
01-31-2003, 09:49 PM
My book shows the A /forums/images/icons/club.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Bozeman
02-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Mine is correct (21st century edition)

Mano
02-01-2003, 08:07 PM
I've got the 21st Century Edition, and it shows the A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif , which is clearly wrong. Do they have an errata for the books anywhere?

Jimbo
02-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Mine is the 21st Century Edition, Third Edition, Second Printing, July 2001. It correctly shows the Ace of clubs.

StoneAge
02-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Mine also shows the A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .
21st century, 3rd edition, first printing, June 1999

Mano
02-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Mine is 21st Century third edition 1st printing June 1999 - they must have fixed it on the second printing.