PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

King_Striker
06-28-2005, 02:59 PM

jedi
06-28-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A tournament with 36 people, top 6 places paid, and 6 players remain. I am the chip leader with about 16,000, 2nd place had about 14,000 and 3rd and below were 9,000 and below.

The guy with 14,000 goes all-in with KQs. I call with pocket 8's. The board is all rags and I win. He kept bitching about why I called with a "crappy" hand like 88. Earlier he lost with pocket 66 to AJs and lost to A-High straight and called it bs. I said his 6's were bs. He went on and on about me calling his 6's a bad hand but playing the 8's.

Was he right? I think not, I think it was a coin flip.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not giving us enough info about the hand with the 6's. The main question for the that hand is this: Did he call with the 6s, or did he raise with them?

As it were, your hand wasn't a bad beat but the 8's are horrible to play in that situation.

Good win. Luckly they decided to rig it for you that time.

King_Striker
06-28-2005, 04:22 PM

jedi
06-28-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're not giving us enough info about the hand with the 6's. The main question for the that hand is this: Did he call with the 6s, or did he raise with them?

[/ QUOTE ]
That is not the main issue. I think he raised to steal blinds knowing others most likely had overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the point. If he raised with the 6's, it's not a "crappy hand" like you called it. If he called with them, it is.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
As it were, your hand wasn't a bad beat but the 8's are horrible to play in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pocket 8's are horrible? Are you kidding me? Craig Raymer won the World Series with that hand! It is 50-50 against AKs, AQs, AJs, KQs, KJs, etc. And 55-45 against any two overcards offsuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I'm not sure where to go with this. He was right for calling you out for calling with 8s in that situation. Not to say he SHOULD have berated you, but he was totally right. I'll let others elaborate, but this is COMPLETELY different from him raising with 6's.

King_Striker
06-28-2005, 07:25 PM

jedi
06-28-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but this is COMPLETELY different from him raising with 6's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. You must be a real moron. It's called reading players. He was raising all-in the entire tournament to steal blinds with hands like pocket 6's and AK/AQ offsuit. You'd think he's want to scare everyone off to fast if he really had something like AA/KK/QQ? I wouldn't. I knew he didn't have a monster for making that raise so I called with my 8's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You write this and call ME the moron? Whatever.

AngryCola
06-28-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. You must be a real moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the first thing I think whenever I read any of your posts.
But I'm probably wrong, because nobody could really be that stupid.

You're most likely just some troll who needs to get out more.
Have fun with that.

King_Striker
06-28-2005, 11:18 PM

AngryCola
06-29-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll take you down ANYTIMES on a heads-up match up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1731851&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

P.S. If you are going to use a word in all capital letters, make sure you don't screw it up next time.

jman220
06-29-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pocket 8's are horrible? Are you kidding me? Craig Raymer won the World Series with that hand! It is 50-50 against AKs, AQs, AJs, KQs, KJs, etc. And 55-45 against any two overcards offsuit.

[/ QUOTE ]
And Doyle Burnson won the WSOP two years in a row with 10/2 offsuit, whats your point? You still played that hand crappy in that position. And why are you even playing online poker if its rigged against you?

jman220
06-29-2005, 01:24 AM
The point of poker, and especially tournament poker, is to get your money in the middle when you have the best hand, not when you are calling for what is essentially a coinflip (Yes I know that 88 is "best" in the sense that you are a slight statistical favorite, but not really that much). This is why raising all in with pocket 8's and calling all in with pocket 8's are completely different. With your pocket 8's, you're calling for at best a race, he's almost certainly going to have at least two overcards to your pocket 8's, making it a race, and he may have you dominated with 99 or higher. If you move all in with pocket 8's, then you also have fold equity, you can win the pot outright by your opponent folding, and even if your opponent doesn't and calls with overcards, you're racing. Thats the difference. There are of course times in a tournament where you have to take a stand, if you're short stacked, etc., but why you would want to risk basically your entire stack, as the chip leader in a tournament, against I'm assuming the 2d or 3d place guy, is beyond me. As others have already said, that play is questionable.

King_Striker
06-29-2005, 02:20 AM

jman220
06-29-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop comes 2xx. I slowplay, he bets, the caller folds, I raise, he re-raises me all-in and has pocket AA. A hits on the river. I finish 11th and get nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop or make your stand and go all in (I'm assuming you were very short-stacked here). But really, fold preflop. KK is only a 70 percent favorite against Ace-rag, deal with it. AA is only an 80 percent favorite against JJ, deal with that too. There are 7 cards in a holdem game, not two, finally, learn to deal with that.

King_Striker
06-29-2005, 04:03 AM

Beefsteak
06-29-2005, 04:40 AM
Why spam the magazine forum w/ these useless troll threads? Scheisse I say..

The Dude
06-29-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll take you down ANYTIMES on a heads-up match up. I'll have you know I have an 83% WINNING record playing in real life Texas Hold'em. Whether it's heads-up, 5 players or 10 players, I WIN (as in come in first place) 83% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
What stakes are you willing to play HU for?

AceHiStation
06-29-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll take you down ANYTIMES on a heads-up match up. I'll have you know I have an 83% WINNING record playing in real life Texas Hold'em. Whether it's heads-up, 5 players or 10 players, I WIN (as in come in first place) 83% of the time. Same goes for Mutli-Tourneys, only there I come 1st, 2nd or 3rd 83% of the time. That is why I think online Poker is rigged, with the same play I can win almost flawlessly a month but can't catch air the next. I raise with AA, flop will come something like K66 and my only caller will have a face-6 offsuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were so many comments made by King_Striker I wanted to rip on, but had trouble picking a couple out. 83% winning percentage? I'm not even going to comment.

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how you can trash talk about my version of deck of cards. Or how I was right about reading my opponent and tKNOWING my 8's will have a 50-50 chance, maybe even more in case of A8s, K8s, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever get somewhat decent at tournament poker, you'll realize you don't even want to be calling into 60-40 situations in most cases as it is -EV and you will bust out 40% of the time.

Also, I think we're all getting sick of these people posting "Is this _____?" or "Should I have played this differently?" and completely disregarding any of the answers only to be stubborn and explain to us how much better you are than us.

Overall, I rate your post as being 83% WORTHLESS.

jman220
06-29-2005, 06:42 PM
For a proper response to this post, please see the following link: LINK (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2749122&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 12:24 AM

bernie
06-30-2005, 02:01 AM
nice link. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lol

b

jedi
06-30-2005, 02:31 AM
What site do you play at?

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 03:17 AM

Beefsteak
06-30-2005, 04:57 AM
What's your nick? I'm sure there is a lot of people here now who would like to have game session w/ u.. At least I would.

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 09:36 AM

jman220
06-30-2005, 10:50 AM
For an appropriate response to this post, please see link. LINK (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2749122&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

The Dude
06-30-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You name it

[/ QUOTE ]
Will you play a HU freezeout for $2k or more? You name the online site, or we can play in LA, Vegas, WA, OR, or ID. If we play live, I'll pay for all arrangements to have a professional dealer and play in a reputable cardroom.

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 01:35 PM

The Dude
06-30-2005, 01:37 PM
No, we can play online if you want. Those are the areas I'm willing to play in a live location, and I will absorb the costs the cardroom charges us.

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 01:43 PM

bernie
06-30-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How nice of you lol. Well no I do not play $2k+ per game. Too rich for my blood.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What stakes are you willing to play HU for?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You name it

[/ QUOTE ]

But you looked so cool when you first typed that, didn't you?

b

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 04:28 PM

The Dude
06-30-2005, 04:33 PM
I will fly to Montreal if you are willing to play for USD 10k.

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 04:40 PM

jman220
06-30-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will fly to Montreal if you are willing to play for USD 10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

owned!

The Dude
06-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Do you consider those mutually exclusive?

The Dude
06-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Oh yeah, and you forgot:

4. I'm calling your bluff.

jman220
06-30-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah when I typed that "you name it" part your tiny limited brain

[/ QUOTE ]
Click Here for an Appropriate Response (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2749122&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

jedi
06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah when I typed that "you name it" part your tiny limited brain could have taken it so litterally as to include even the 7-figures. I would play $2k if it was in person. But seems he can only do it online and $2k is too much for me to trust internet, electronic, computer-generated, pre-determined RIGGED cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically, what you're saying is bogus.

"You name it" means, "You name any stakes subject to my approval."

Got it. Sorry that my tiny limited brain couldn't comprehend simple English.

<font color="white"> PWN3D! </font>

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 05:20 PM

bernie
06-30-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, and you forgot:

[/ QUOTE ]

And doing it rather well, I might add. The backpeddling and wordtwisting has already started.

Somehow, we know there will be some reason he'll give for bowing out. As per usual for these types.

b

The Dude
06-30-2005, 05:42 PM
You think he'll try and call my bluff?

bernie
06-30-2005, 05:48 PM
If he doesn't like money.

If he did, he still wouldn't show up. All's you'd get is a nice scenic vacation of Montreal with some lame excuse like he lost his bus pass or his parents made him mow the lawn that day.

b

jman220
06-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I'd be willing to stake you your travel expenses, if you don't win you pay me nothing, if you win you just pay me back. But he wouldn't do it because he's all talk so oh well.

Mike Cuneo
06-30-2005, 06:18 PM
I love how all your hand histories are home made. Why do you even post here? All you do is argue with everyone here who is much better than you. I'm not the smartest person on these boards, but here is what I think REALLY happens:

1. You get AA and slow play it and lose to a hand like JTo when the flop comes J x x.

2. You get KK and flop a set and lose to a gutshot.

3. You go on mad tilt and start playing any 2 suited cards and lose all your money, then claim the site is rigged.

4. You come to 2+2 and ask if you got outdrawn without a real hand history. Everyone tells you that you suck and you argue.

5. I laugh at how fishy you are. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

nolanfan34
06-30-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My assuptions:

1) You are either a degenerate just looking for action no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you nailed it on the first try!

jedi
06-30-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to stake you your travel expenses, if you don't win you pay me nothing, if you win you just pay me back. But he wouldn't do it because he's all talk so oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a piece of that too.

Actually, since he's taking on all comers, we should fly him out to Vegas and schedule 10 HU matches. Loser of each match has to pay 10% of his flight out. If he wins all his matches, he gets his whole flight paid for and the satisfaction of kicking our asses. More likely, if he loses it all, he'll be paying the full flight fees.

jedi
06-30-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, and you forgot:

[/ QUOTE ]
haha. I wasn't bluffing. I know I said "name it" but if I was litterally able to afford playing for $10k/game I wouldn't be worried ...

[/ QUOTE ]

So you were bluffing.

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 07:31 PM

King_Striker
06-30-2005, 07:36 PM

jman220
06-30-2005, 07:49 PM
No, the deal is, if you beat us, we pay your airfare, plus whatever the wager is, if you lose to us, you do not get your airfare paid for, and you lose the wager. Learn to read. I'd definitely come out to vegas for this lol, I've been planning to take another trip down there this summer.

jedi
06-30-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, the deal is, if you beat us, we pay your airfare, plus whatever the wager is, if you lose to us, you do not get your airfare paid for, and you lose the wager. Learn to read. I'd definitely come out to vegas for this lol, I've been planning to take another trip down there this summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I posted the idea about paying for his airfare if he won, I postulated a schedule of 10 heads up matches. Since there will likely be more than 10 people who want to play him, then that will be fine. 10K is way out of my price range, but I'm certainly willing to play for lesser stakes, say $100. I'm sure the better bankrolled players here will be willing to play for your higher stakes.

jman220
06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
This discussion is academic anyway, this guy wouldn't accept a challenge if it was for $100 heads up. By the way, thats an open challenge, i'll play you heads up for whatever stakes you want over $100, on any poker site you want striker, I'm even willing to wait until they put you back on "pro distribution mode" again, so you won't lose to me because the site is rigged, lol.

Beefsteak
07-01-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
2. You get KK and flop a set and lose to a gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes! How does that make me a bad player?

[/ QUOTE ]
This doesn't make u a bad player, but this makes u whiner! Hands u told us so far doesn't make online poker rigged - have u ever played live? I see these kind of hands in every livegame I go. That's poker!

I wouldn't play poker if I were u, it doesn't seem to be very healthy to u.

King_Striker
07-01-2005, 07:41 AM

King_Striker
07-01-2005, 07:56 AM

Zurvan
07-01-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey this just reminds me, on July 10th I will be leaving for Houtson, Texas, maybe I'll expand my trip and pass by Vegas. Then we can play heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this happens, can someone film it? I'd love to see how it turns out. Wouldn't even take too long to download.

jedi
07-01-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey this just reminds me, on July 10th I will be leaving for Houtson, Texas, maybe I'll expand my trip and pass by Vegas. Then we can play heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
But I was serious about playing high-stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you get a couple of us willing to play for $100, and a couple of others playing for 10K. It should be all right in the end.

jman220
07-01-2005, 11:55 AM
I said online I would play you for any stakes over $100. Obviously live, it would cost more for transportation, and I wouldn't be willing to play you for such low stakes. Read my post. I'm even willing to wait until Bowmans puts you back on "win mode" (lmao) if you want, or I'll play you at any other site of your choice. Even if you believe some of the sites are rigged, you can't believe they all are. Even your conspiracy theory "pokerconduct.com" rates pokerstars as honest, I'd be more than willing to play you there.

Stickmn24
07-01-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How could we forget "Craig Raymer"? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

By the way- 88 is a very good hand heads up... not as good at a full table. It's tough to call an all-in like that when you could be up against a higher pocket pair.

King_Striker
07-01-2005, 05:37 PM

jman220
07-01-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How could we forget "Craig Raymer"? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

By the way- 88 is a very good hand heads up... not as good at a full table. It's tough to call an all-in like that when you could be up against a higher pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know... but everyone had folded. It was me, him and one more guy left to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is irrelevant to the fact that this is was full table and not heads up. Just because 7 out of 10 people fold does not mean you can suddenly treat your hand like you are playing heads up. You're not.

stonescar
07-02-2005, 12:44 PM
So how about that challenge?
Gonna happen? 8 days left... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

clutch
07-03-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A tournament with 36 people, top 6 places paid, and 6 players remain. I am the chip leader with about 16,000, 2nd place had about 14,000 and 3rd and below were 9,000 and below.

The guy with 14,000 goes all-in with KQs. I call with pocket 8's. The board is all rags and I win. He kept bitching about why I called with a "crappy" hand like 88. Earlier he lost with pocket 66 to AJs and lost to A-High straight and called it bs. I said his 6's were bs. He went on and on about me calling his 6's a bad hand but playing the 8's.

Was he right? I think not, I think it was a coin flip.

I went on and won the tourney that I absolutely dominated easily. Had 2x or even 3x the 2nd place's chip count for most of the time. Pocket JJ, big slick, pocket rockets, pocket 10s, pocket rockets again, pocket 10s, KQs, pocket 8s, AQs... they just kept on coming. Lost just one big hand with KK against Axs with Ace hitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL