PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France

on_thg
06-28-2005, 02:55 PM
The Tour de France starts on Saturday.

Lance Armstrong was caught by the AP making a dramatic prediction: This year, the Tour will be won in the mountains (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more/06/28/bc.cyc.armstrong.squest.ap/index.html)

Anyone else a fan of le tour?

Drac
06-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Yep, I watch it daily. I don't think Lance can pull it off again which will make it even better if he does. One reason I really enjoy it is that it truly takes a team effort to win, not just one guy.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Really? It starts this Saturday? [censored]. It couldn't have come at a much worse time - I'll be going out of town for 10 days. I like having it on and following it while I'm at work. I wish it started a week (or two) later.

on_thg
06-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Yep. July 2-24.

From a quick look at the map, it doesn't look like the mountain stages start until about the 12th, so most of the drama will be packed into the second half. The team time trial is on July 5.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-28-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep. July 2-24.

From a quick look at the map, it doesn't look like the mountain stages start until about the 12th, so most of the drama will be packed into the second half. The team time trial is on July 5.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's alright, I guess. I'll catch all the good stuff.

llabb
06-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Anyone have a prediction on who will win, whether it's Lance, Ullrich, Basso, or someone else? Odds suggest that Lance vs. the field is an even proposition. Rasmussen is the favorite to be King of the Mountains.

Voltron87
06-28-2005, 05:38 PM
This year is going to be hard for Lance because he started training much later than he has the last 6 years because he wasn't sure if he wanted to do it.