PDA

View Full Version : Buying new comp: what do i need for 4 tabling fun?

theordinaryboy
06-28-2005, 02:53 PM
hey there

sorry about the non-stt type of post but this is the forum i post in and i've seen these type of posts before.

Essentially i want the computer to allow me to 4 table with no overlap, however i am not bothered about being able to have more than one monitor.

I would also like it to be able to play the new computer games that are coming out now, so im thinking of 3gig speed 1024 ram hard drive doesnt matter but i think 250 is standard at the mo.

I checked dell out for the fp2001 monitor 21" screen one everyone says to get but couldnt see it with a comp as well. Should i get a dell comp and upgrade the monitor or should i just buy the monitor and get the comp seperate.

cheers for any replies much appreciated

joeblo
06-28-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey there

sorry about the non-stt type of post but this is the forum i post in and i've seen these type of posts before.

Essentially i want the computer to allow me to 4 table with no overlap, however i am not bothered about being able to have more than one monitor.

I would also like it to be able to play the new computer games that are coming out now, so im thinking of 3gig speed 1024 ram hard drive doesnt matter but i think 250 is standard at the mo.

I checked dell out for the fp2001 monitor 21" screen one everyone says to get but couldnt see it with a comp as well. Should i get a dell comp and upgrade the monitor or should i just buy the monitor and get the comp seperate.

cheers for any replies much appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

I just ordered a Dell 2001FP for $510 shipped. There is a coupon floating around for the monitor. You can go to fatwallet dot com and do a search for Dell. You will be able to find the coupon for the monitor as well as other current Dell deals.

theordinaryboy
06-28-2005, 06:08 PM
i live in the uk do you know if the price is similar or if the coupon can be used out of the US?

thanks for the reply

joeblo
06-28-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i live in the uk do you know if the price is similar or if the coupon can be used out of the US?

thanks for the reply

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. You'll have to read the terms but I don't see why they wouldn't let you use the coupon. One thing you'll have to consider is the Shipping since its international, I doubt they'll throw in the free shipping.

The Yugoslavian
06-28-2005, 06:17 PM
BELIEVE IT OR NOT THERE IS NOW A FORUM THAT IS SPECIFICALLY FOR COMPUTER QUESTIONS SUCH AS THIS ONE. JUST B/C OTHER DUMBASSES POST THESE QUESTIONS DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD.

Yugoslav
Who thinks that you'll get *even better* feedback in the Computer Technical Help forum...and no wahoos who type in all caps.

autobet
06-28-2005, 06:23 PM
I know you are looking to use this for other than poker, but I found the 21" too big.

I like four tabling on a 19" at 1600x1200. It's perfect.

joeblo
06-28-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know you are looking to use this for other than poker, but I found the 21" too big.

I like four tabling on a 19" at 1600x1200. It's perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Autobet, I haven't found a 19" LCD that does 1600x1200 yet, if you have, can you tell me the model and make? It was painful spending $500+ on the Dell. I don't really mind the size...I just hate way the CRT gives me a headache.

pergesu
06-28-2005, 09:52 PM
19" LCDs can't do 1600x1200

Amazingly enough, more computer information can be found in the Internet and Tech Help forums.