PDA

View Full Version : MOneymaker and Raymer

Poker_God
06-28-2005, 02:09 PM
I found it quite hilarious when i actually heard people saying how great a player raymer was when he won the wsop. Same with moneymaker. But i mean come on. Sure moneymaker has played his cards right by getting all these endorsments and ensuring cash flow. But as far as poker-wise some of you guys just need to realize how overrated these players are. Just because you win the wsop doenst mean you are the shiz nit its what accomplishments are made afterwards to the game rather it be cash games or tourneys. i am just so sick of people flying off their rocker to meet these guys. They are too over rated.

kyro
06-28-2005, 02:12 PM
I find your name hilarious. I also find it hilarious that Mr. Raymer could easily wipe the floor with you.

hurlyburly
06-28-2005, 02:12 PM
You're looking for the World Poker Tour forum.

Jman28
06-28-2005, 02:15 PM
okay. thanks.

sekrah
06-28-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I found it quite hilarious when i actually heard people saying how great a player raymer was when he won the wsop. Same with moneymaker. But i mean come on. Sure moneymaker has played his cards right by getting all these endorsments and ensuring cash flow. But as far as poker-wise some of you guys just need to realize how overrated these players are. Just because you win the wsop doenst mean you are the shiz nit its what accomplishments are made afterwards to the game rather it be cash games or tourneys. i am just so sick of people flying off their rocker to meet these guys. They are too over rated.

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL..

Cuckoo clocks going off..

I guess Moneymaker's 2nd at the Shooting Star and Raymer's final table this year are just more of the same flukes..

Either one of those two guys would stomp you like a bug at the table.

homicide
06-28-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're looking for the World Poker Tour forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted for truth.

TomHimself
06-28-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]whoever said moneymaker was good, raymer on the other hand can play and has proven it, ur just a jealous bitch

unfrgvn
06-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Post from "Poker God":

"I see alot of ridiculous bets on-line. Hands where there is like 100 bucks in the pot and someone bets like 500 into it on a rag flop. Does this mean that they hold pockets or dont want anyone to call the bet? I had a hand i bet 200 with AK blinds are 50-100 and someone just calls on the button...flop comes out 8 2 4 all diff. suits..i check and he goes all-in for another 100 ...i folded but did i fold the best hand...any comment is welcome. "

And you're saying someone else sucks?

valenzuela
06-28-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find your name hilarious. I also find it hilarious that Mr. Varkonyi could easily wipe the floor with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

sekrah
06-28-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of the last 3 WSOP champions.. You failed to mention the worst of all 3..

Varkonyi.

Moneymaker isn't great, but he's better now than he was in 2003 when he won the WSOP. He's cashed a few games.

Raymer is the best of all 3, and a very sharp poker player.. I would not want to sit down with this guy anymore than I would not want to sit down with Ivey, Hellmuth, Brunson, Chan, Lederer, or Hansen.

sekrah
06-28-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Post from "Poker God":

"I see alot of ridiculous bets on-line. Hands where there is like 100 bucks in the pot and someone bets like 500 into it on a rag flop. Does this mean that they hold pockets or dont want anyone to call the bet? I had a hand i bet 200 with AK blinds are 50-100 and someone just calls on the button...flop comes out 8 2 4 all diff. suits..i check and he goes all-in for another 100 ...i folded but did i fold the best hand...any comment is welcome. "

And you're saying someone else sucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, Nice find.. What a goober.

drewjustdrew
06-28-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just because you win the wsop doenst mean you are the shiz nit its what accomplishments are made afterwards to the game rather it be cash games or tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that you think they are overrated and that is your main/opinion. However, you imply that only WSOP champs that succeed in future games can be the "shiz nit" (lame). So no one else can be the "shiz nit"? That sucks, because I am sure that is the goal of all poker players. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

valenzuela
06-28-2005, 02:42 PM
hahahaahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahhahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Mike Cuneo
06-28-2005, 04:36 PM
You know Raymer posts here, right?

utmt40
06-28-2005, 04:40 PM
This guy is too funny.

Preytar
06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
I am also relatively new here, but I've learned some important lessons: be humble, ask valid questions, contribute something worthwhile, and stop posting crap like this.

teddyFBI
06-28-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't seen him post in weeks, if not months.

TomHimself
06-28-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i have lol

TomHimself
06-28-2005, 05:25 PM
http://g.myspace.com/00033/08/52/33082580_s.jpg

Brad F.
06-28-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly, he pwned someone just last week.

Just use the search function for pwned postings, I'm sure you'll find him.

Brad

WLVRYN
06-28-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly, he pwned someone just last week.

Just use the search function for pwned postings, I'm sure you'll find him.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

That was maybe the funniest thing I have read on 2+2.

He posted at least 3 or 4 times last week.

dogmeat
06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
I wish I was so over rated.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

LLKOOLK1
06-28-2005, 10:28 PM
So this overated guy jus made another final table of an event with 2200 morons like yourself...thats one lucky guy,no!?
I dont understand how people believe that these players got lucky for 5 days straight...they can play, plain and simple. Raymer better than moneymaker, but both can play.
I wish people would stop making this rediculos post every other week
_LL

Poker_God
07-07-2005, 01:05 AM
First off Raymer and Chris arent that good. Second i have played greg in a 500 dollar heads up on poker stars .. AND WON THANK YOU. Second of all i find it hilarious that people will but into a post and post something that has nothing to do with the original post. And i thought you guys actually talked about cards and not obscure posting.

LOL wipe the floor with me.... HA!!

Needle77
07-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Wow...impressive there Poker God, but I'm not sure if your qualifed to sit at a table with Dogs Playing Poker.

Ond
07-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Human genepool: Outlooks grim

Easy E
07-07-2005, 10:10 AM
OP- <font color="green">But as far as poker-wise some of you guys just need to realize how overrated these players are. Just because you win the wsop doenst mean you are the shiz nit its what accomplishments are made afterwards to the game rather it be cash games or tourneys.</font>

Later reply- <font color="red">i have played greg in a 500 dollar heads up on poker stars .. AND WON THANK YOU </font>

Your analysis process is worse than your composition skills... if that's possible.

Thanks for clearing up how overrated Fossilman is. All of 2+2 thanks you and looks forward to your training for David and Mason.

IdiotVig
07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
One is statistically significant.

Nice hand, sir. Nicely played.

Brad F.
07-07-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First Post I found it quite hilarious when i actually heard people saying how great a player raymer was when he won the wsop. Same with moneymaker. But i mean come on. Sure moneymaker has played his cards right by getting all these endorsments and ensuring cash flow. But as far as poker-wise some of you guys just need to realize how overrated these players are. Just because you win the wsop doenst mean you are the shiz nit its what accomplishments are made afterwards to the game rather it be cash games or tourneys. i am just so sick of people flying off their rocker to meet these guys. They are too over rated.

[/ QUOTE ] Second Post Second of all i find it hilarious that people will but into a post and post something that has nothing to do with the original post. And i thought you guys actually talked about cards and not obscure posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... nice hand. I think you should have folded preflop though.

Brad

chaas4747
07-07-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Second i have played greg in a 500 dollar heads up on poker stars .. AND WON THANK YOU. Second of all i find it hilarious that people will but into a post and post something that has nothing to do with the original post. And i thought you guys actually talked about cards and not obscure posting.

LOL wipe the floor with me.... HA!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice sample size! What is your entrant number in the ME this year?

A_Junglen
07-07-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm slowly getting dumber as I read this bs.

Raymer and Moneymaker are GOOD PLAYERS.

kevstreet
07-07-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also find it hilarious that Mr. Raymer could easily wipe the floor with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, please read some of Raymer's posts on this forum. He clearly understands the game at a very high level.

PITTM
07-07-2005, 12:43 PM
how hard did you have to try to write something THAT stupid?

rj

ChuckyB
07-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Seriously...even Robert Varkonyi would qualify as a good poker player, and he's probably the worst WSOP champ.

If you get through 839 or 2500+ players, including the best players in the world, and a sprinkling of complete humps, you are a good poker player. If you don't make any huge blunders in a five-day freeze-out...you deserve to be called 'Champion'.

blaze666
07-08-2005, 02:47 AM
raymer is a good player. he is the chup leader in an event today, and he is a very good mathmatical anylitical player. i have seen him play in some british tournaments, and he done pretty well in them (i think he's won some british poker open heats) and i don't think moneymaker has done anything like that. raymer hasn't had a chance to do anything yet, but he's going to.

vulturesrow
07-08-2005, 03:03 AM
You people are missing the significance of this post. We can now say with confidence that we have found the dumbest person on 2+2. Their were some posters I considered to be in the running but this this guy way out of their league.

Bartman387
07-08-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Second i have played greg in a 500 dollar heads up on poker stars .. AND WON THANK YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading some of the questions you have posed in the 1-table forum I find it very hard to believe that you know how to place bets, nevermind beating Greg HU. And if by some fluke you did beat him and you dont realize it was a fluke then I would like to sit at a table with you as I'm sure everyone else here does as well.

basically I think you are lying or a fool.

theredwave
07-08-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
basically I think you are lying or a fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say both.

blaze666
07-08-2005, 09:08 AM
i think you are pretty stooopid actually, replying to post, making no relavant comment, calling OTHER people stupid. i think YOU are the stupid one my freind.

Fitz
07-08-2005, 12:34 PM
I can't believe I'm being sucked into this thread. These types of posts are sad cries for attention from those who would rather cast aspersions than add anything meaningful to the forum.

You may well have beaten Raymer in a heads up match. There is a reason it is called gambling.

Those of us who have been around these forums for a long time, can attest to Raymer's knowledge and understanding of the game at a level far and above the average player. He has also gone out of his way to be helpful to all players who have engaged him in civil discussion.

Maybe you are the second coming of Stu Unger, I have no way of knowing. Of course one does wonder why such a talented Poker God is posting here at this time instead of concentrating on how he will make his way through the ME at the WSOP and cash the big check.

Best Wishes,

Fitz

utmt40
07-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Poker God I hope you die and rot in hell!

JoshuaMayes
07-08-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Poker_God,

Your post is like biblical poetry. I now see why I should hate MOneymaker and raymer, who are not the poker-wise, shiz nit. They are overrated and, too, over rated.

Amen,
Formerly flew off my rocker for Raymer

P.S. Please stop pairing the board on the river (unless I ask you too).