PDA

View Full Version : ? for Pharmaceutical Lawyers

10-19-2001, 05:44 PM
Earlier this year South Africa lifted patent rights on AIDS drugs, including Cipro, to help the nearly 1/5 of its citizens infected with HIV and AIDS. They were sued by 39 pharmaceutical corporations (backed by the US Gov. and the WTO). Now Canada has lifted Bayer's patent right for the reproduction of generic forms of Cipro. Will they get sued too?

KJS

10-19-2001, 06:35 PM
Yes

It's still all about money. Even though mass doses of CIPRO may be needed. This patent needs to be lifted. It's quickly becoming a National Emergency. Although I think they are closing in on the source. And the source is right next door to me!!!!! YIKES!

The One Million reward is intriguing. My friends and I are waxing philisophical to try and figure out the source. We are going to split it 3 ways when we find the perps.

that is all,

dannyboy :o)

10-19-2001, 07:06 PM

10-19-2001, 07:21 PM
He's too busy scoring 5 figure wins in PLHE at Fargo. That's what I'm reading on RGP anyway. I want to hear about some of these hands!!!! Enlighten us oh great one.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'd just like to hear some details. After all, you gleamed much knowledge from this site. So post a couple hands on high stakes forum. Thanks

that is all,

dannyboy :o)

10-23-2001, 12:39 AM
they should get sued. id like all the best stuff to be free but the big companies pay alot to develop the drugs and need to rip us off when they score a hit. with the cipro thing i saw something where canada will save like 25 cents a pill by denying their patent while bayer says they can supply all thats needed. if we dont protect the patents expensive to develop medicines will never be discovered, then the loss will be tragic. if you think that they are such a money maker just buy their stock. but as we find out many of these companies really dont make out so well even though they may have one product thats a big money maker.