PDA

View Full Version : 30+3 10K Guaranteed Short Stacked with 77

burgi
06-28-2005, 12:35 PM
This is a hand from todays 30+3 10K guaranteed where I don't know what I should have done.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1125)
BB (t4535)
UTG (t1950)
UTG+1 (t3100)
UTG+2 (t8700)
Hero (t2350)
MP2 (t4535)
MP3 (t1675)
CO (t1710)
Button (t1410)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls t300, Hero calls t300, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t1710 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls t1410, Hero ???.

Was the first call right or wrong. Should I have pushed or folded, or was calling the right thing?
Now, assume you called, would you also call the preflop allin? Or would you push the additional T600 in or would you just fold?

Help appreciated.

mmbapmashida
06-28-2005, 12:41 PM
I would have gone all in instead of calling, originally. After that all in behind you, and the call, I fold.

Isura
06-28-2005, 12:52 PM
I think over-limping here with 8bb is terrible. Any reads on the UTG2 big stack? You might not have that much folding equity against a loose big stack here, but I still like a push. Folding isn't terrible either imo. I think it's a fold then the action is back to you. You have decent pot odds, but looks like you're against atleast 1 higher pair here.

burgi
06-28-2005, 12:59 PM
UTG2 big stack seemed kind of loose

EverettKings
06-28-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG2 big stack seemed kind of loose

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially with this read, you need to push first-in preflop. Stacks aren't deep enough for you to play this hand speculatively. You want 88 and KQ and AT to fold. 750 chips up for grabs already, and a good chance to be racing if called. Get yo' money in.

Kings

Moutray
06-28-2005, 02:57 PM
If you push first you represent a stonger hand. If the firts raiser then calls or raises, it is less likely the orginal caller would get involved in the hand. Therefore, pushing firts gives the you advantage of playing against fewer over cards to your 7s. Assuming you only called you only called you would be correct to lay down the 7s against almost certainly two opponents. The first call simply does not define your hand in any way to the rest of the players.

locutus2002
06-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Hero pushes.

The pot is laying hero 2.9:1 and he only has to be 25% in the center pot to justify this play. Given hero's short stack this is an excellent opportunity to either go out or continue with a big stack.
I think shorty's range of hands is pretty wide, and would not give either player credit for a tight range. Shorty for having so few chips, and monster stack for limping.

Pushing immediately is the better play because you are more likely to get heads up only with monster stack because the other players will be reluctant to call with a less than premium hand because monster stack may come over the top of them.

Just because you called the initial bet to see a cheap flop, doesn't mean you should fold and not change your gameplan.

nath
06-28-2005, 07:10 PM
With only 8xBB in your stack you don't have enough chips to limp in and see a cheap flop.

With the only player entering the pot so far being someone you have pegged as loose this is an easy push.

AliasMrJones
06-28-2005, 07:20 PM
At this point you're in push or fold territory. After the initial limp, 7's aren't going to be fun 3-way so I don't like a call of the all-in and call. Without the call in front of you, it might be a different story.

burgi
06-30-2005, 07:06 AM
my thoughts were actually when the player behind me pushed that I would call should the loose guy in front of me fold. But, the guy in front of me called, so I thought that there would be too many overcards that are outs for the others for me to be worth it to play this hand, if 1 of them doesn't have a overpair, which would be even worse.
As it turns out, the allin pusher showed AQ and the loose guy in front me showed KQ with none of them hitting, so my hand would have won. But would have is not the same as did. lol

Anyways, a few hands later, I push 88 and run into QQ (2ns time it happened that tourney!) and I'm out.

Thanks for the help with this hand everyone!