PDA

View Full Version : Being Bobby Brown

Bulldog
06-28-2005, 11:44 AM
If I have one guilty pleasure, it is Bobby Brown. I think I have a variety of musical tastes, but R&B has always been at or near the top of my list. I liked New Edition, and when Bobby went solo with "Don't Be Cruel", well, I still think it is my favorite album of all time. If I could've figured out how to cut my white boy hair on the slant like he did, I would've. (Note: I'm setting the over/under at 42.5 for the number of posts mocking me for this, but I can handle it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Anyway, Bravo is about to premiere Being Bobby Brown this week. Will I be the only person in America watching?

hoopsie44
06-28-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Note: I'm setting the over/under at 42.5 for the number of posts mocking me for this

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me two dimes on the over.

Soul Daddy
06-28-2005, 11:53 AM
I won't watch, but the Behind the Music on New Edition was good stuff. Unintentional comedy through the roof.

Shajen
06-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Boyz II Men were better. <font color="white">Actually, I don't have a horse in this race. That's just what I hear people say. </font>

MoreWineII
06-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Was he part of Bell Biv Devoe?

I can never keep my mid 80's young black pop sensations straight.

err, i was thinking of New Edition...see?

CollinEstes
06-28-2005, 12:14 PM
I saw his interview on Dateline the other night, which was basically a plug for his new show. It looks like he wants people to feel sorry for him, but why should I feel sorry for someone that puts millions of dollars up his nose.

Bulldog
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
New Edition was originally Bobby Brown, Ralph Tresvant, Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, and Ronnie DeVoe. NE released a couple albums, then kicked Bobby out. He released three on his own, while the group added Johnny Gill and released one more. They then split, with Johnny and Ralph each releasing solo albums, while Ricky, Mike, and Ronny formed BBD. (Mike started his own label and discovered Boyz II Men launched during this time.) All six got back together for one album about six or seven years ago. Near the end of the tour, there was a big fight and that was that. They re-formed one more time without Bobby under P. Diddy last year, but it was a bust.

lucas9000
06-28-2005, 12:32 PM
bobby brown was awesome, without a doubt. my prerogative is still one of my favorite songs. there's no shame in liking bobby brown's music from back in the day, or new edition for that matter.

NotMitch
06-28-2005, 12:58 PM
On Our Own is clearly his best song yet most people overlook this.

Soul Daddy
06-28-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I have that effing Ghostbusters rap in my head. Super.

MoreWineII
06-28-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bobby brown was awesome, without a doubt. my prerogative is still one of my favorite songs. there's no shame in liking bobby brown's music from back in the day, or new edition for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen on the post and love your avatar.

Bulldog
06-28-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I have that effing Ghostbusters rap in my head. Super.

[/ QUOTE ]

"We're in control...ya ya ya know it!"

pudley4
06-28-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I have one guilty pleasure, it is Bobby Brown. I think I have a variety of musical tastes, but R&amp;B has always been at or near the top of my list. I liked New Edition, and when Bobby went solo with "Don't Be Cruel", well, I still think it is my favorite album of all time. If I could've figured out how to cut my white boy hair on the slant like he did, I would've. (Note: I'm setting the over/under at 42.5 for the number of posts mocking me for this, but I can handle it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Anyway, Bravo is about to premiere Being Bobby Brown this week. Will I be the only person in America watching?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Telephone Man, there's somethin' wrong with my line...

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Indiana
06-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Simply put, he was one of the best...I like some of his lesser known songs like Tender Ronie, etc...Oh yeah, and NE was da shiznit...Loved Mr. Telephone man...Then again, I did grow up in the 80s so I'm biased.
Indy

Prelude008
07-05-2005, 06:37 AM
I like NE/Bobby/BBD, etc. but I didn't like this show. Did anyone watch it? I saw it and wasn't thrilled. I like reality tv (i.e. survivor with challenges, competitions, voting off etc). I find shows that simply follow celebs around boring. I may give it one more chance and then it's banished off my tivo list.