PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Whoring- When is it worth it?

DarkForceRising
06-28-2005, 09:40 AM
I have been signing up at different sites which offer these seemingly fantastic bonuses ( Games Grid, Nobel, Absolute, Bet Hold 'em 35% RB) but there just doesn't seem to be the game availability to justify the effort. I currently 4 table $2 $4 (profitably) at Empire with a 26% RB although I have the roll to dabble in $3 $6 if I have to.

Am I missing anything? Or am I best off sticking with the current plan and chasing bonuses strictly on the Party skins where action is assured?

Thanks in advance.

revots33
06-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Depends on your bankroll and how much you make in rakeback. As these 2 numbers get larger, bonus-chasing becomes less important as a percentage of your overall bankroll.

mattw
06-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Have you tried multi-siting these sites? I multi-site when there aren't enough games available at each site.

DarkForceRising
06-28-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried multi-siting these sites? I multi-site when there aren't enough games available at each site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not tried yet but that looks like the best bet. Any suggestions as to which and when? My working roll is around $2500 (until the next 150 BB downswing of the week, anyway).

For example (so as to not spread my BR to thin) are there times where playing a smaller game with an attractive bonus would be more profitable than my 26% RB and 2 BB's per 100 at $2 $4?

mattw
06-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Regarding as to when, the Prima skins(BetHoldem) and the Crypto skins are inhabited by alot of Euro's. Thus the US afternoon is their prime time. If you're not doing the Crypto's currently, they have reoccuring monthly bonus totaling $200+.

I will let some more knowledgable players answer the other part of your question.