PDA

View Full Version : PTO stats for O8 6-max

dcasper70
06-28-2005, 08:48 AM
After 5000 hands at the Party 0.50/1.00 stakes, my PTO stats were floating around pretty good levels. I would say that using GooperMC's goals (link) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=omaha8&Number=2321450&fpar t=1&PHPSESSID=) , I'm in decent shape.

Here were my numbers at that level:
VPIP - 24.5
PFR% - 2.4
WSD% - 37.11
W$SD - 61%

So I moved to the 1/2 6-max tables about 6 weeks ago and have been doing very well. I enjoy being a little looser (although not as bad as the competition) and playing more aggrssively post-flop. I would bet that my VPIP and aggression factor have gone up, but I have no good idea what would be optimal at this level. I'll run some stats for my 1/2 play when I get home tonight, and post them (even if it's only a couple hundred hands).

My thinking is that a VPIP should probably be in the low to mid 30's due to the table size.

Anyone have any more complete ideas?

dcasper70
06-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Ok so here are my 1/2 6-max stats. Granted, it's only 700 hands, but just trying to spark some conversation...
What do you think would be the goal on short handed tables?

VPIP - 36.14
Won$ WSF - 35.76
WSD% - 37.79
W$SD - 70.77
PFR% - 10.74
BB/100 - 9.71
Aggression Factors
Flop - 1.43
Turn - 1.75
River - 2.19
Tot - 1.69

sy_or_bust
06-28-2005, 08:08 PM
I haven't played hands, but I am very interested in 6-max (especialy 5/10). Can any O/8 regulars shed some light on the game?

Specifically, I know in Hold 'Em you can still play very tightly at 6-max and do well. Is it similar in O/8? Can you win by playing good hands and just, for example, loosen up with AA/KK hands in position?

dcasper70
06-29-2005, 08:31 AM
sy,
Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I've only got 700+ hands at this level, and may just be running hotter than I ever have in my life.

After a good session last night, I'm up over 11 BB/100 at the 6-max tables! Everything I read says that such a high return is not sustainable, but I have yet to see any reason why not. The play is still rediculously loose, just less donks to suck out on you.

My 36% VPIP is typically the lowest I see at the table, so I'm regularly playing better hands than those in the pot with me. I am looser than I have been in the past on 10 person tables, but I think you need to be with less opponents. I also find it's easier to read a table of 6, and plays based on table image and position are more effective.

I'm raising late with strong hands and still seeing 4+ callers. Punishing them when I hit. Raising early with medium cards to thin the field. Getting in cheap with position with weird hands and getting lucky. Scooping more pots than I thought possible, with cards I'd rarely play on a 10 max table...

I don't think it compares to holdem since there are just so many ways to play so many hand possibilities.

I really am starting to feel like all the posts I've seen and books I've read are starting to come together.

In my opinion, if you play ABC poker, stick to 10-max tables and shoot for the 20-25% VPIP. If you want to open it up, go 6-max and 35-40%.

And cross your fingers for me! I'm praying this rush keeps up!!!

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif