PDA

View Full Version : Benito gives Bush a lesson.

Zeno
01-31-2003, 12:02 AM
I did not see the "The State of the Union " propaganda orgy but from what I have been reading on this forum Bush needs to study up on the style, wording, and delivery of his political sermons. So I have dug up some of Mussolini's diatribes as an inspiration to "dubya". Hope he reads this forum. All the follow are from Mussolini, speechs or writings:

Fascism now throws the noxious theories of liberalism upon the rubbish heap....The truth, apparent to everyone whose eyes are not blinded by dogmatism, is that men are perhaps weary of liberty. They have had surfeit of it.....Know then, once and for all, that Fascism recognizes no idols, worships no fetishes. It has already passed over the more or less decayed body of the Goddess of Liberty, and is quite prepared, if necessay, to do so once more.

I was the artist, summoned to a mission that was to make me immortal.

The masses have little time to think. And how incredible is the willingness of modern man to believe.

War alone brings up to its highest tension all human energy, and puts the stamp of nobility upon the peoples who have the courage to meet it. All other trials are substitutes, which never really put men into the position where they have to make the great decision -- the alternatives of life or death.

The stuggle between the two worlds can permit no compromises. It's either Us or Them!

I hope this inspires dubya to gird up his loins and start punching out speechs that will, at least and at last, be worth listening to. Politics needs to pull itself up out of the mire and start humping up a few cragy mountain tops!

-Zeno

andyfox
01-31-2003, 12:49 AM
"War alone brings up to its highest tension all human energy, and puts the stamp of nobility upon the peoples who have the courage to meet it."

-"No triumph of peace is quite so great as the supreme triumphs of war." Theodore Roosevelt, who also believed that war alone produced the highest human qualities.

Jimbo
01-31-2003, 01:03 AM
Now I understand why I enjoyed studying Teddy in school. Nothing like a good war monger to get your juices flowing!!