PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Las Vegas Stripper Problem

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Let's say you moved to Las Vegas to play poker professionally. Let's also assume that you know no one in Las Vegas. If you had met a couple of strippers, but never really went past a couple dinner dates with any one in particular, and were getting a bit tired of the issues with dating strippers, what would you do to try to find other women? (particularly ones that might be interested in a relationship with you rather than your wallet)

Assume you are 21. Also perhaps there is another line with the strippers, who would I, I mean you, need to hypothetically talk to? Evan?

The Dude
06-28-2005, 04:05 AM
Evan won't be of any help to you. Apparantly, what happened was that the strippers were all in the back wondering "is it proportionately as small as he is?" Since he never paid for a blowjob, that was the only way they could come up with to find out.

Overdrive
06-28-2005, 04:18 AM
All I want to say is stay far, far, far, far away from trying to have ANY kind of relationship with a stripper except to pay her for a dance or bj or whatever. Read Positively Fifth Street by Jim McManus if you are still unsure.

I still remember the part in the book where the stripper was convincing Binion that she really loved him and didn't want any of his money. Binion said, "Nobody is that good of a liar." And now he is dead, killed by the stripper who 'loved' him and her real boyfriend.

Klepton
06-28-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Evan won't be of any help to you. Apparantly, what happened was that the strippers were all in the back wondering "is it proportionately as small as he is?" Since he never paid for a blowjob, that was the only way they could come up with to find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.forumspile.com/LOL-ROFL_Copter.gif

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 04:23 AM
Okay, I'm not even moderately-remotely-semi-concerned about being killed by a stripper. That is the most ridiculous comment ever.

Don't you realize that a large percentage of the strippers here are just UNLV students? They are going to go on to graduate, get married, have families and normal lives. Sure some "career stripper" types may be undesirable but I have met some pretty cool, pretty normal strippers. I would have liked to date them but I don't think any stripper can actually date, I guess I could be wrong on that one, but that ties back into the basic question in my post.

As an unecessary addendum: Have you ever dated a stripper, or just read McManus' book? FWIW I have done both.

The Dude
06-28-2005, 04:50 AM
"I dig your style too, man."

bugstud
06-28-2005, 05:37 AM
best. pic. ever.

Mark It Zero!
06-28-2005, 05:39 AM
where are the good strip clubs in Vegas anyway? Anything near the strip? I'm going for the first time in August and I want to pick up a few STDs while I'm out there

oreogod
06-28-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.forumspile.com/LOL-ROFL_Copter.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks so familiar. I love posting that thing.

Overdrive
06-28-2005, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Don't you realize that a large percentage of the strippers here are just UNLV students?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes the ever popular stripper/student myth lol. They ALL say they are students or something other than what they really are....grifters.

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 05:45 AM
While the pic is undoubtedly awesome, this is not helping me get back into normal relationships. I kind of liked having sex with one girl for 4-6 months instead of randomly getting new girls every few weeks for basically random short amounts of time. Wow that sounds pretty gay, oh well.

Joseph Busti
06-28-2005, 05:51 AM
I know about 5 strippers and have met about 12, all outside of strip clubs, and not one of them is a student or has aspirations of becoming one.

oreogod
06-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Ive screwed three strippers in my time (my first I was a junior in high school. Intresting story, but its all thanks to the US government for screwing up the birthdate on my passport.)

Ive never had problems. Just dont get attatched. And stay away from the ones with kids. Im 24, so to me, thats not cool. (well atleast until I date older ladies with hot daughters)

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 05:59 AM
Ok, all the student/stripper haters. My question is this: Are the strippers you are referencing closer to 25 or 18? I've been "specializing" in the 18 crowd and have met a few who are students.

jason_t
06-28-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
where are the good strip clubs in Vegas anyway? Anything near the strip? I'm going for the first time in August and I want to pick up a few STDs while I'm out there

[/ QUOTE ]

The Deja Vu was made famous recently by a few in the 2+2 circle.

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Deja Vu is my favorite here, in fact every stripper I've dated works or worked there.

jason_t
06-28-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Deja Vu is my favorite here, in fact every stripper I've dated works or worked there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you join up with the recent crowd of 2+2ers in Vegas? A couple of us had a fantastic time and a few others had a good time at the Deja Vu the weekend before last.

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 06:14 AM
I had a friend in town playing a couple events at the same time, we kind of did our own thing, we almost hit up some of the crazy pineapple, or maybe the game at the MGM or whatever it was but then we got drunk.

jason_t
06-28-2005, 06:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a friend in town playing a couple events at the same time, we kind of did our own thing, we almost hit up some of the crazy pineapple, or maybe the game at the MGM or whatever it was but then we got drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

We were all drunk and we were playing crazy pineapple at the MGM. It was awesome. I miss Vegas.

oreogod
06-28-2005, 06:17 AM
You two might have screwed/"dated" the same girl then.

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Alright, I give up, I'll go get more stripper numbers and then go through the painstaking process of narrowing it down to the 20% who might be ok. Wish me luck with those 2.

oreogod
06-28-2005, 06:42 AM
I think strippers are fun to date. Just dont get attacted thats all. You know they've probably been with a ton of guys, but as long as your d!ck doesnt exploded when u stick it in them, who cares.

As long as their good looking, not pumped with STDs or drugged up...all is good. The ages of the strippers I dated were 25, 19, 22.

mason55
06-28-2005, 06:51 AM
First, I would assume that I was around the age I am now (22). Then I would assume that the FIRST thing I need to do is find some male friends to hang out with. Then, once I had male friends, I would go out to the clubs and meet girls WITH my male friends, all while drinking like a fish and doing massive amount of blow. It makes you interesting, you know.

Then I would have a heart attack in the mens bathroom while [censored] a girl doggystyle and die at Ghostbar, weeping into a pool of my own vomit, and realizing why George Bush wants to outlaw internet poker.

Except for that last part.

jakethebake
06-28-2005, 06:58 AM
...try the library.

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Ok, two more comments. Number 1, I would never have sex with a stripper without a condom. As another thread in this forum is advocating, it's a lot of fun to get in a commited relationship with a girl who is on the pill and come inside her. That's probably the primary reason I want to meet girls other than strippers.

The other point is that it's really hard to go to the popular bars here in Vegas and meet any girls who are going to be in town for more than 3 days. Again, there is a place for them, but the clear theme of this post is girls with a longer time frame.

Oh, and meeting other dudes, pretty much the only dudes I interact with are at the poker table. Depending on what I'm trying to accomplish I am fairly quiet/serious (my default mode) or verbally jabbing and contradicting in an attempt to seriously piss the dude off (the approach against people who I can make hate me, people play dumb when they hate you) So wanna hijack the thread and talk about where to meet cool dudes?

That was three points and this is the fourth, [censored].

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 07:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...try the library.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. This would work out particularly well for me. I envision something like this:

"Hey, I'm Chris and I dropped out of college to play poker professionally. Now I'm wandering desperately around the library, where, I'd like to point out, I clearly have no business being, trying to pick up chicks like you."

What excuse was wacki using for being in the library in the first place?

jakethebake
06-28-2005, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What excuse was wacki using for being in the library in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you needed an "excuse" to go to the library? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Ok, perhaps you don't need an excuse. I would however like to have some sort of pretense for being there. I guess I could pretend that I like to read...

Mark It Zero!
06-28-2005, 07:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...try the library.

[/ QUOTE ]
he means this...
"The Library" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.vegas.com/nightlife/stripclubs/library.html

1800GAMBLER
06-28-2005, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(well atleast until I date older ladies with hot daughters)

[/ QUOTE ]

That line just irks me.

bleu329
06-28-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's say you moved to Las Vegas to play poker professionally. Let's also assume that you know no one in Las Vegas. If you had met a couple of strippers, but never really went past a couple dinner dates with any one in particular, and were getting a bit tired of the issues with dating strippers, what would you do to try to find other women? (particularly ones that might be interested in a relationship with you rather than your wallet)

Assume you are 21. Also perhaps there is another line with the strippers, who would I, I mean you, need to hypothetically talk to? Evan?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

I am 21, in Vegas, met a few strippers
anyways

I went to Jaguars the other night and had a great time with 3 of them for a few hours. Yes, I spent too much money, but we all had a great time! One of them wanted my #, so we exchanged #s, and she called me the next day and wanted to hang out/go to dinner. I was at Bellagio in a good game of pokah and told her I would call her back later, but by the time I was done playing she was at work, and I was tired and went home.

Then we talked again today, and I went to see her at work, and we spent an hour together having a great time. She told me she is going to a movie(mr and mrs smith) tomorrow with some friends and asked me to go. I was up for it, so she's gonna call me.

Anyways, Id just thought Id share...

We'll see how it goes - should I stick it in her asian pooper(with a condom of course)?

ethan
06-28-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know about 5 strippers and have met about 12, all outside of strip clubs, and not one of them is a student or has aspirations of becoming one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know one stripper-student, and I knew her before she started (i.e. we didn't meet in a club.) She was also much hotter before she became a stripper, but I suppose doing a bunch of coke and giving enough handjobs will do that to a person.

Ulysses
06-28-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you realize that a large percentage of the strippers here are just UNLV students?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, um, no.

As to your initial question, I've always had good luck meeting people in new cities by joining tennis and soccer leagues.

BWebb
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, has one of the girls you dated been from Lithuania or another eastern bloc country?

swolfe
06-28-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
where are the good strip clubs in Vegas anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

my fiance and i enjoyed the spearmint rhino. i think that's the name, anyway...

cpitt398
06-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Chris, Vegas is a hard town to meet people. I have the same problems as you minus the strippers. So it gets worse. The local bars out here suck because there is so many of them and with no closing time there is no accuarate way to anticipate a busy time. I lived in a college town from 18-25 and had it so easy that now im not sure how to meet people either.

jcx
06-28-2005, 01:40 PM
There is life in Vegas away from the Strip. Join a few clubs with activities you might be interested in. Hiking, biking, softball, whatever.

Indiana
06-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Get out of vegas and go to Amsterdam...Easy to meet pp there. Plus EU girls are much better looking than US. I don't see how involving yourself with strippers can lead anywhere. They are trained to use men to get $$. That will get old over time.

Indy

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, um, no.

As to your initial question, I've always had good luck meeting people in new cities by joining tennis and soccer leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], I'm going to have to run around and stuff? That would be really good for me, to like run around again, but damn. Also how about if I rephrase and say this:

A large percentage of the hot girls at UNLV are also strippers.

Is that statement accurate masked man or do you still disagree? Do I really have to say stripper/cocktail waitress?

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Yes.

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 06:53 PM
No.

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chris, Vegas is a hard town to meet people. I have the same problems as you minus the strippers. So it gets worse. The local bars out here suck because there is so many of them and with no closing time there is no accuarate way to anticipate a busy time. I lived in a college town from 18-25 and had it so easy that now im not sure how to meet people either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cpitt,

This has been the hardest part for me, like I said I dropped school to play poker, so the transition from a college community to Vegas has been difficult at times.

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Somehow just jumping ship from Vegas to Amsterdam doesn't seem like the easiest thing in the world. Did I mention I'm in Vegas to play poker?

Anyway, how do I find a friggan soccer club. I suppose I'm going to be directed to g00gle?

ononimo
06-28-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how does the talent at Deja Vu compare to Spearmint Rhino or Crazy Horse Too?

OtisTheMarsupial
06-28-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you had met a couple of strippers, but never really went past a couple dinner dates with any one in particular, and were getting a bit tired of the issues with dating strippers, what would you do to try to find other women?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask the strippers to set you up with one of their friends.

Ulysses
06-28-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored], I'm going to have to run around and stuff? That would be really good for me, to like run around again, but damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, man. This is a great way to not only meet hot chicks, but just to meet cool people in general. And cool people generally know other cool people.

[ QUOTE ]
A large percentage of the hot girls at UNLV are also strippers. Is that statement accurate masked man or do you still disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect, still disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
Do I really have to say stripper/cocktail waitress?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Many well-adjusted hot chicks are cocktail waitresses. By and large, strippers are really screwed up chicks (who have been abused the vast majority of time) and those who are students rarely remain students.

Of course, the "stripper working her way through school" does exist, it's just super rare. A friend of mine stripped her way through grad school and now has a great job in the medical industry. She's by far the exception though, by a long, long, long shot. And she has more than her fair share of issues, again, by a mile.

Ulysses
06-28-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, how do I find a friggan soccer club. I suppose I'm going to be directed to g00gle?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Yes, Google. But google for las vegas indoor soccer. That is a cool, fun league.

Chris Dow
06-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Le Diablo, (sorry I'm french)

I never made the claim that strippers don't come with enormous emotional baggage. In fact that is basically number 1 on my list of why I am tiring of associating with them.

You of course didn't contradict yourself but you nearly did. You are correct that all of the students who enter stripping will not remain students. However, as I've said before, I have been meeting strippers primarily in the 18-20 range. They are at least claiming to still be students. (If we have to get ridiculously technically, no I cannot be 100% certain they weren't all lieing to me, but one of them would have had to buy a fake student id and make up stories about her professors coming in to get dances just for the sake of yanking my chain)

Anyway, thanks for the club sport type activity idea. Would I be able to walk before I run and just join a local gym? Right now I just work out at my appartment. Is the gym fee worth it for meeting people? I'm obviously thinking that the gym will just be full of meatheads, true/false?

Ulysses
06-29-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Le Diablo, (sorry I'm french)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably your main problem, and unfortunately, unsolvable.

[ QUOTE ]
They are at least claiming to still be students.

[/ QUOTE ]

Claiming. Good word choice.

[ QUOTE ]
Would I be able to walk before I run and just join a local gym?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the problem is it's sometimes sort of awkward to talk to people at a gym until you become a regular there. However, if you take classes there (yoga, spinning, boxing, etc.) that makes it easier. The benefit of leagues is that, boom, you're on a team and insta-friends.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm obviously thinking that the gym will just be full of meatheads, true/false?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. One cool thing about gyms in a place like Vegas for a poker player is that you can go at crazy random hours and meet all sorts of random interesting people with non-standard hours.