PDA

View Full Version : Was this unethical?

Annulus
06-28-2005, 03:05 AM
This just took place and im not sure if it was wrong or what. I was in a $55 sng and I was chip leader. I had about T6000 and both others had about T2000. The problem is that one of the guy was in "post blind and fold" mode. He has been away for awhile. He knocked out 4 players early and left for whatever reason.

I played big stack during bubble and stole blinds build my stack. Well, my opponent who was there during the final 3 asks me to fold to him so the guy who is away gets 3rd and he will gladly let me take 1st place. So, I say sure, its a win win situation for me. And at least the guy who is present guarentees 2nd instead of maybe 3rd. Is this collusion?

Benholio
06-28-2005, 03:13 AM
While this isn't the worst case of collusion, it is definately collusion.

The Yugoslavian
06-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Yes....it's like if a tree falls and only you and one other guy are there to hear it but both swear it didn't fall. Well, just so happens there WAS A F*CKING CAMERA RECORDING THE WHOLE THING. The good news is the camera operators have no clue about anything ..... anything at all. So you'll be fine. If I was that guy who has crappy DSL from Verizon Wireless and no friends to play his game(s) I'd at least get your chat banned, hopefully get your account suspended for a while.

I mean, isn't it enough that you and dorkoff, can *easily* implicitly collude here??!? NOOOOOOOOOOO...you have to explicitly collude and effective cheat the poor guy who lost his connection.

Jesus.....I hate you even worse than those guys who I wanted to die. You should like, have xPuns1her rip your eyes out and then have sex with your grandmother in front of you to boot and then rip your heart out with your grandmother's dead hand.

Or something.

Yugoslav

Annulus
06-28-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes....it's like if a tree falls and only you and one other guy are there to hear it but both swear it didn't fall. Well, just so happens there WAS A F*CKING CAMERA RECORDING THE WHOLE THING. The good news is the camera operators have no clue about anything ..... anything at all. So you'll be fine. If I was that guy who has crappy DSL from Verizon Wireless and no friends to play his game(s) I'd at least get your chat banned, hopefully get your account suspended for a while.

I mean, isn't it enough that you and dorkoff, can *easily* implicitly collude here??!? NOOOOOOOOOOO...you have to explicitly collude and effective cheat the poor guy who lost his connection.

Jesus.....I hate you even worse than those guys who I wanted to die. You should like, have xPuns1her rip your eyes out and then have sex with your grandmother in front of you to boot and then rip your heart out with your grandmother's dead hand.

Or something.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

You are cyber cool /images/graemlins/confused.gif

GrekeHaus
06-28-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Or something.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I just creamed myself.

Annulus
06-28-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Or something.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this forum is full of geeky poker players. i wish i was so easily amused, oh well.

The Yugoslavian
06-28-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Or something.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this forum is full of geeky poker players. i wish i was so easily amused, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there some cheating to be done somewhere until xPuns1her comes for your manhood, soul, and all of your family?

Yugoslav

Annulus
06-28-2005, 03:32 AM
Get over it. I didnt realize it at the time. Thats why I posted this. Learn from my mistakes.

Nick M
06-28-2005, 04:38 AM
he has no idea who xpuns1her is dude hahahaha you're killing this guy and he doesn't get the joke at all. But i'm laughing /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh and that's waaaayyyyy collusion

Lefthander
06-28-2005, 04:51 AM
It is collusion, sure, but isn't it also fairly victimless? It seems close to making a deal at the end of a MTT.

jcm4ccc
06-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Personally, I think it was fine. The guy who was gone probably cost your other opponent some chips during the bubble, when you could steal with absolutely no fear of the other big stack calling you. Is that fair? He had essentially told the whole table (without using words) that he was going to fold, which benefited you immensely, and hurt your opponents.

Annulus
06-28-2005, 05:31 AM
That was my thinking also. Even when we were down to 3 players I was stealing initially and using the missing player to my advantage, I mean who wants to finish 3rd behind a guy whos not even there? So, after he asked me if I could fold to him, I started to feel bad for him and figured the other guy isnt here, why not.

Degen
06-28-2005, 05:56 AM
good to see you're having a nice day yugo

Lefthander
06-28-2005, 06:06 AM
I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was a good idea. It almost certainly leaves you open to trouble from the site.

SumZero
06-28-2005, 06:08 AM
Not only is it unethical, I'm not sure it is a +EV play.

I'd chat that I don't make deals like that as it is cheating and that I'm going to continue to play my best poker. Then I'd fold my next steal position if I don't have group 1 hand (to try to offset the spite call) and then I'd start pushing any two cards 75-80% of the time (again looking to avoid spite calls). You want to end up heads up with 9000+ chips.

If you do go the cheating chat mode you have to trust the other guy is going to live up to his end of the deal. And if you fold with him you'll end up with what, 7500+ chips when you end up heads up. That's not as good as 1 double up could bring you virtually even.

Annulus
06-28-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was a good idea. It almost certainly leaves you open to trouble from the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote "good luck". and we played it out. I did fold to his BB, but I continued to steal the away players blinds. Once heads up, he folded to me and when he was automatically all-in i won that hand. But, im not worried about partypoker people, as I did not directly answer his request, we both winged it and played it out. But, at the time I wasnt sure if what i was doing was wrong. I think its borderline, but i wouldnt mind some more opinions. thanks.

Myst
06-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Yes, unethical, but +EV, if you estimate that the chances that he'll renege on your deal is less than 25%.

Hood
06-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Sorry to be late to the party but ...

[ QUOTE ]
Yes....it's like if a tree falls and only you and one other guy are there to hear it but both swear it didn't fall. Well, just so happens there WAS A F*CKING CAMERA RECORDING THE WHOLE THING.

[/ QUOTE ]

... this is quite brilliant.

kamrann
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
It wasn't borderline, it was very definitely wrong. Sure, this guy may have been disadvantaged by the person sitting out, but anyone has the right to pay their buyin and sit out/lose their connection. They are still in the game however, and therefore even if they're not at their computer the right not to be cheated remains. The rules don't say "Collusion is prohibited, unless someone is disconnected".

Having said that, it's clear that you didn't know, and that you are bothered about whether this is acceptable or not, otherwise you obviously would have had no reason to post the question. Therefore I don't see any reason why you should be flamed. Just don't do it or anything similar in future.