PDA

View Full Version : The library rocks.......

wacki
06-28-2005, 02:37 AM
Last weekend I was at the bars and there was this uber hot girl all dressed up in this tiny outfit. All of these guys that were dressed up in rayon shirts, gelled hair, and had "I dress for the ladies" all over them were spitting their best game. She was bored with all of the attention and there was a lot of attention. At the bar I was like "Out of my league" and didn't even bother trying. There aren't very many women that I will say that about.

Anyway, I was at the library trying to study and I saw her. So I decided to go over and say hi. 90 minutes of conversation later I found out that she's a biochem and a math major. The girl is wicked smart and wicked cool and I got her to laugh (something the giant group of rayon clad Fabio's couldn't do). And yes I got her name this time. Only red flag is the G'N'R lyric "And you're a very sexy girl... That's very hard to please". She seems like she bores easily. At least when she talked about her previous jobs doing research that's what she implied. Odds of me entertaining that woman and getting any work done? I'd say roughly 1/1,000,000. On the other hand she seems to scare easily when it comes to getting arrested and stuff like that. But that is the wrong kind of entertainment and will make me worthless.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm going to meet up with her at the bars next weekend but it's very obvious I'm outclassed on this one. Oh well...

WTF.... I've met a [censored] ton of ladies at the library. Who would of guessed.

The library rocks. I just thought I would let you all know.

tbach24
06-28-2005, 02:40 AM
They know it's the last place most guys will go to.

wacki
06-28-2005, 02:51 AM
Agreed.

Just wondering how bad is it that I didn't ask for her number? She repeatedly asked (probably 9-10) times what bars I go out to and what days I go out. Great time to ask for a number I know. Still, I didn't and I played it chill. With girls like this it always seems right to play it chill as they tend to be repelled by aggressive guys. Still, not asking for number +EV or -EV? Keep in mind she made it very clear that she goes out to the bars all the time and she let me know which one she goes to about 10 times. Still, that don't mean [censored].

[censored] hell.... Psychology is a bitch. Yet for some reason, probably masochistic, I love it.

EDIT: I am fully expecting nothing to happen. Especially since this woman has groupies. This is just a theoretical question.

thatpfunk
06-28-2005, 02:54 AM
You're asking tbach? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<font color="white"> kidding, i love tbach </font>

tbach24
06-28-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm certainly no pimp, but just when talking about bars you could've been like "give me your number and we'll meet up somewhere" seems to be easy enough.

tbach24
06-28-2005, 02:55 AM
You're not supposed to make it that obvious <font color="white"> keep it in the same line </font>

erdy knits
06-28-2005, 02:56 AM
well she's obviously not finding what she wants at the bars...be confident in yourself. she wouldn't be talking to you if she didn't think you were at least interesting (if not sexy, intelligent, driven...) you'd be surprised what us women find attractive... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
erdy

thatpfunk
06-28-2005, 02:56 AM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

tbach24
06-28-2005, 02:58 AM
You still have my favorite avatar on 2+2. I LOVE THAT PAINTING.

[censored]
06-28-2005, 02:59 AM
Wait you didn't get her number? Then really you didn't accomplish much. Dude that is a world class [censored] up. When she asked what bars you should have given 2-3 names, she shows some interest and then you say, something along the lines of calling her the next time you and your friends go out. She was looking for it and that was the in.

Big time [censored] up dude, big time.

any hopes of seeing her again?

Michael Davis
06-28-2005, 03:01 AM
Grab her boob.

-Michael

istewart
06-28-2005, 03:02 AM
The tbach pick-up line is an insta-classic.

"Hello. I go a retard school."

wacki
06-28-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Big time [censored] up dude, big time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I think I did [censored] up. But she made it very clear that she would be at a very specific bar this weekend.

[ QUOTE ]
any hopes of seeing her again?

[/ QUOTE ]

If she wasn't lying? Very high

If she was lying? She's at the library every monday.

Ya, I'm starting to think I made a world class [censored] up and played it too chill.

tbach24
06-28-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The tbach pick-up line is an insta-classic.

"Hello. I go a retard school."

[/ QUOTE ]

No, retard school students don't talk like that. "Hi, uhh, I go at retards school"

MEbenhoe
06-28-2005, 03:04 AM
Yeah at this point in the conversation you definitely need to get her number. Its so easy to play it cool and just ask for her # so you guys can meet up for a drink sometime, thats probably what she was hinting at anyways. I'm kind of confused by the fact that you'll go up to a girl completely at random like this, but you won't put in the initiative to do something like this. Either way, hope it works out well for ya.

wacki
06-28-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of confused by the fact that you'll go up to a girl completely at random like this, but you won't put in the initiative to do something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because I'm retarded. I excel at just about everything I do and then I make world class fuckups on stupid simple [censored]. /images/graemlins/frown.gif But at least I don't make em twice. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wacki
06-28-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Grab her boob.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Is all it would take for me to jizz in my pants.

[censored]
06-28-2005, 03:09 AM
the problem is now you are basically showing up at bar hoping to meet some girl. Your position = weak. Initiave lost.

I hate doing stupid games but I would almost pass on going to that bar and wait till the library again and do it right. If you go, make sure your with friends and having a good time, then invite over to where your at for a drink. You need to walk a line between interested but not eager.

Alobar
06-28-2005, 03:13 AM
I Wouldnt sweat it. Not getting her number is no biggie. She sounds at least semi interested in you and you have a way to meet her again, so thats all that really counts, having her number makes exactly zero difference. Like you said, shes used to being persued, the fact that you didnt hump her leg at the first opportunity to, if anything helps you out. Especially if shes the type that bores easily, as you are now different from what she normally experiences. Different = good in this case.

oh and you owe me $100 bitch!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

siccjay
06-28-2005, 03:18 AM
You should have got her number. Not to have it but to show her you have balls.

You don't want to use her number to talk to her anyway, only to make plans. You kinda did make plans so you might be safe. Get her number at the bar, better yet, make sure you hang out AFTER you leave the bar TOGETHER. Don't [censored] this up.

tbach24
06-28-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't [censored] this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

On that note, I wonder if Jake is awake (haha I rhymed) to put the "This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics" smiley thing in there.

rusellmj
06-28-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to walk a line between interested but not eager.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the right play. If you run into her fine. If not, there's always the library. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Klepton
06-28-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well she's obviously not finding what she wants at the bars...be confident in yourself. she wouldn't be talking to you if she didn't think you were at least interesting (if not sexy, intelligent, driven...) you'd be surprised what us women find attractive... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
erdy

[/ QUOTE ]

something tells me this girl could be +EV

and wow that sounds lame

youtalkfunny
06-28-2005, 04:07 AM
It seems to me that the only success I've ever had with women, was when I was genuinely uninterested in them.

So try this out. DON'T ask for her number next time, either. Keep up the small talk, just don't make any moves.

Time after that, make a date. Then stand her up. Act like she's the least important thing in the world to you.

They love that. I didn't believe it, either, but experience has shown it to be true.

I wish somebody would've told ME all this, back when I was young enough for it to do me any good at all.

Those who doubt me, suck cock by choice! Wait, I mean, "Those who doubt me...try it once, and see."

mmbt0ne
06-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Glad to see the TSC school of picking up library chicks has one more member. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bugstud
06-28-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Glad to see the TSC school of picking up library chicks has one more member. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nice, very nice

BradleyT
06-28-2005, 08:10 AM
What's a Rayon shirt?

jakethebake
06-28-2005, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's a Rayon shirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rayon is that kind of slick shiny nylon material that metros wear.

BradleyT
06-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Ah, I figured it was a shirt with a picture of Ray(Zee) on it.

Yeti
06-28-2005, 09:03 AM
I like dumb threads like this.

Sounds like you fk'ed up slightly but it will be very easy to repair. Good luck. Get pics. SIIHP. etc.

Shajen
06-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Maybe you are doing ok, here Wacki...I mean, if this girl is as hot as you say she is, then she's used to dudes being all over here.

Taking the opposite approach might just be the best thing you've got going for you.

Let her "hunt" you instead of the typical otherway.

GL man.

Sometimes I miss being single. Wait, no, no I don't.

ThaSaltCracka
06-28-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]word.

edit: /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bosoxfan
06-28-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The girl is wicked smart

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you were from Boston.

poker-penguin
06-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Get drunk. Then call her. Oh wait, YOU CAN'T!

Fortunately, that's not a huge screwup. I would avoid her this weekend, bump into her on Monday and if she mentions it be like "yeah, I had some stuff to do" if not just move to the "you want to get coffee (or whatever it is the cool kids are doing nowadays)." Pronouncing the parenthetical statement is optional, but I like it.

TripleH68
06-28-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to think I made a world class [censored] up and played it too chill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get anxious. Just follow through.

Now is not the time to second guess/be results oriented.
Your hand is disguised and this may just draw her to you.

sexypanda
06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last weekend I was at the bars and there was this uber hot girl all dressed up in this tiny outfit. All of these guys that were dressed up in rayon shirts, gelled hair, and had "I dress for the ladies" all over them were spitting their best game. She was bored with all of the attention and there was a lot of attention. At the bar I was like "Out of my league" and didn't even bother trying. There aren't very many women that I will say that about.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Out of my league"?? There's no such thing. That's just an excuse not to talk to a girl you like. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I was at the library trying to study and I saw her. So I decided to go over and say hi. 90 minutes of conversation later I found out that she's a biochem and a math major. The girl is wicked smart and wicked cool and I got her to laugh (something the giant group of rayon clad Fabio's couldn't do).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice

[ QUOTE ]
And yes I got her name this time. Only red flag is the G'N'R lyric "And you're a very sexy girl... That's very hard to please". She seems like she bores easily. At least when she talked about her previous jobs doing research that's what she implied.

[/ QUOTE ]

She may bore easily with the meathead Fabios hitting on her all the time. Who wouldn't be bored with them? She might be bored with a mundane job, but you're obviously intelligent and made her laugh. All you need to do is keep her on her toes and keep up with the intelligent, light-hearted, funny conversation.

[ QUOTE ]
Odds of me entertaining that woman and getting any work done? I'd say roughly 1/1,000,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

To keep a girl like this, you need to concentrate on your own [censored]. Honestly, there's nothing more attractive to a girl than a guy who has his own stuff going on, but can make her laugh and have a good time when they are together. I'm sure you're taking some ridiculous PhD classes that should obviously impress her a bit. If she sees that you're dedicate to your work and have your act together, she'll naturally want to be a part of that.

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand she seems to scare easily when it comes to getting arrested and stuff like that. But that is the wrong kind of entertainment and will make me worthless.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm going to meet up with her at the bars next weekend but it's very obvious I'm outclassed on this one. Oh well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well? She wants you to meet up with her. This weekend walk into that bar, walk straight towards the bar. Order yourself a drink. Walk straight towards her, and talk to her. Ignore the Fabio's, they're wasting her time. As you're talking to her, stay physical. Touch her arm, wrist, hair, and at the same time, stay funny and interesting. She'll be putty in your hands and think that you're "way out of her league".

Oh and don't worry about the phone # thing. You got what you needed, and an akward "can I get your phone number?" is definitely worse than not asking. She'll be questioning why you didn't, and be relieved to see you at the bar this weekend.

Vish
06-28-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grab her boob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the new "put it in her pooper"?

lucas9000
06-28-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering how bad is it that I didn't ask for her number?

[/ QUOTE ]

based on your description of her, i think it's money, but it could bite you in the ass if something comes up at the last minute when you guys are going to meet up.

chaas4747
06-28-2005, 03:05 PM
wacki, do you have a camera phone. If so, I am very disappointed there are no pics with these library trip reports. If you don't I think we might have to raise some funds to get you one.

Mike Cuneo
06-28-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah, I figured it was a shirt with a picture of Ray(Zee) on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

siccjay
06-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Great advice. You must know about mASF.

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Whatever happened with this? Last we heard you bit her.

IndieMatty
07-14-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever happened with this? Last we heard you bit her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you add these threads to your favorites? I've never seen the need to do that, but it just dawned on me. No way you go back through old stuff right?

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you add these threads to your favorites? I've never seen the need to do that, but it just dawned on me. No way you go back through old stuff right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The only things I have saved to my favorites are pok*r reference threads and your best gonzo pron thread. I just like closure.

astroglide
07-14-2005, 01:41 PM
school library i assume?