PDA

View Full Version : Most retarded computer question ever

jacki
06-28-2005, 02:02 AM
My kids moved the Start menu bar to the right side of the desktop, rather than the bottom, where I'm used to it.

I can't figure out how to get it back on the bottom.

Can you help?

Also, how retarded am I?

Bikeboy
06-28-2005, 02:44 AM
Right click on the task bar and a menu will pop up. Look for "lock the task bar" and make sure it's not checked. Now put your cursor anywhere on top of the task bar, click and hold left mouse button and drag it down to the bottom of your screen. Next, right click and lock the sucker so it doesn't happen again.

JoePro
06-28-2005, 08:46 AM
What he said is accurate. But, if you don't have XP, don't spend too much time looking for the 'Lock Taskbar' as it doesn't exist.

jacki
06-28-2005, 11:22 AM
thanks.

Bradyams
06-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Lol, you kinda remind me of my dad. When we got out first computer with Windows 95 I'd change like every setting possible. All the colors would be bright green and orange. He used to get so mad at me, cause he didn't know how to change anything back.

WackityWhiz
06-28-2005, 06:06 PM
I inverted the mouse buttons on my girlfriends computer, she freaked out... it was awesome

..."WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY COMPUTER?!?!?!?!" har har har

KingMarc
06-28-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lol, you kinda remind me of my dad. When we got out first computer with Windows 95 I'd change like every setting possible. All the colors would be bright green and orange. He used to get so mad at me, cause he didn't know how to change anything back.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol..I rotated the monitor 90 degrees once. My dad ended up buying a new monitor when I was out. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

smoore
06-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Back in the days when mice had balls I used to steal them from coworkers. mmmmm.

Even before that, Sun workstations could use an optical mouse that took a special mousepad. If you rotated the mousepad 90 degrees the mouse wouldn't work. Fun stuff, there.

and my favorite of all time, add this to someone's .bashrc:

alias exit=bash

for the non-UNIX among us, that basically starts a new shell when the luser types the common "exit" command to close the shell. DO NOT leave your console unlocked around me! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

4thstreetpete
06-28-2005, 09:32 PM
another fun thing you can do is switch the ps2 mouse and keyboard plug at the back in your computer lab. Then sit back and watch all the clueless people go nuts trying to figure out what's wrong. They'll check the back to make sure it's plugged and hilarity will ensue.

smoore
06-28-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
another fun thing you can do is switch the ps2 mouse and keyboard plug at the back in your computer lab. Then sit back and watch all the clueless people go nuts trying to figure out what's wrong. They'll check the back to make sure it's plugged and hilarity will ensue.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahaha! That's awesome. Why didn't I ever think of that one?