PDA

View Full Version : I watched WWE RAW tonight.

[censored]
06-28-2005, 01:43 AM
Executive summary: WWE Raw sucks

Basically pro wrestling still sucks incase anyone was wondering.

A few of the matches were't bad but the problem was of course there were only a few.

RAW had a WWE Diva search were basically 8 hot chicks were asked to come to the ring say their name and strip down to their bra and panties. How this could be made boring, is beyond me but it was. Perhaps having the 400lb black man coming along with them was a mistake. I don't know.

BusterStacks
06-28-2005, 01:45 AM
I don't know that I've ever met a person who was into pro wrestling, but they have to exist, right? Who are they?

[censored]
06-28-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know that I've ever met a person who was into pro wrestling, but they have to exist, right? Who are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are just like you man. They are your neighbors, your mailman, your fathers and your brothers. They are all around you and they have steel folding chairs.

BillNye
06-28-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those one 2 brothers who would throw people into tables were JAWsome!

http://www.comic-shop-berlin.de/images/big/en-streetsharks.jpg

Uglyowl
06-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Too many titles changing hands too often. I gave up.

The days of two titles and the tag team champ were the days.

utmt40
06-28-2005, 02:23 AM
Hulk Hogan came back tonight. Come on people show some respect to the great one!

imported_CaseClosed326
06-28-2005, 02:23 AM
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/t/teddibiase/11.jpg
That was the day.
Oh BTW, everybodies got a price.

krazyace5
06-28-2005, 02:56 AM
My 9 yr old son and his cousins love it, problem is it is barely safe for kids anymore even though imo it is their target audience or a huge part of it anyway.

[censored]
06-28-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My 9 yr old son and his cousins love it, problem is it is barely safe for kids anymore even though imo it is their target audience or a huge part of it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree.

KDawgCometh
06-28-2005, 03:22 AM
I stayed for teh Angle/Flair match. Watch NWATNA, its good stuff. THe X division is extremely strong and you will see guys that are really busting their ass for the most part

youtalkfunny
06-28-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
THe X division is extremely strong and you will see guys that are really busting their ass for the most part

[/ QUOTE ]

When my brothers and I watched WWF in the 70's and early 80's, we didn't want to see guys "really busting their ass". We just wanted to watch the masters work the microphone. What they DID was mildly entertaining; what they SAID was the reason we watched.

Larry Zybysko, Fred Blassie, Roddy Piper, Jesse Ventura, Bobby Heenan, Gorilla Monsoon...has there been anyone in the last 20 years whom you would dare to mention in the same breath as these greats?

dawade
06-28-2005, 08:06 AM
In terms of putting on a show, you have to put Mick Foley, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and Kurt Angle somewhere on that list. I don't keep up with wrestling anymore, but those guys were great.

samjjones
06-28-2005, 08:36 AM
I watch WWE. Does that make me a bad person?

Russ McGinley
06-28-2005, 08:37 AM
I watched it last night for the first time in probably 2 years. Funny how the show still seems exactly the same. The 20-minute segment with the chicks and King Mabel was brutal.

The Flair/Angle match was good although I can do without Flair audibly calling out the moves. But he's old so I forgive him.

It was hilarious to see Hogan come out. It's amazing that he's had the same offensive set for his entire career (punch, punch, punch, clothesline, double noggin knocker, big boot, LEGDROP OF DOOM). Everything else was forgettable.

tdarko
06-28-2005, 09:56 AM
the reason it sucked tonight was b/c the pay per view (vengeance) event with all the good matches was the night before and you can't have guys (even though fake) bloodied and battered one night and then the very next day fight, so there werent any good fights. but it turned out good seeing three generations in one ring at the end with cena (he sucks ass btw), heartbreak kid, and hogan.

the monday after the big pay per view events are always the worse nights to watch.

IndieMatty
06-28-2005, 10:14 AM
I have started to give it another chance, and it' hasn't been horrendus. The 20 min diva search was though.

Carlito
06-28-2005, 10:56 AM
What are you talking about? Raw is definitely cool, especially now that it is where you will find Carlito. Did you see what Carlito did to that stoner gimp last night? Even gave him some apple pieces to cure his munchies. That was cool.

wonderwes
06-28-2005, 11:24 AM
When I was younger I watched RAW when it was in its prime (beating MNF ABC raitings). It was also when it was probably the best time to watch. HHH was still an undercard, Stone Cold vs Rock feud, Mankind vs Rock feud, Shane vs. Vince McMahon was classic, oh yeah and there was Degeneration X. That was like around 1999.

Well I stopped watching a few years ago, and after they changed the name to WWE (how silly to lose the WWF name from the world wildlife fund)

Plus the writing, if you actually can believe it, was a lot better in the prime era I just described.

Someone post some pics of Stephanie McMahon. I haven't seen her lately, she still pudgy, or did she get any better looking?

Soul Daddy
06-28-2005, 11:28 AM
I started watching again in January after a two year hiatus. I enjoy it. It's no 1998, but it's entertaining enough.

B Dids
06-28-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing with wrestling is that you really have to understand the way it works in order to appreciate it.

Nobody who watches wrestling thinks of it as a sport. It's theater with blood and violence. The stuff that's impressive is how well people sell the moves, or give a promo and it really takes some time to learn how to watch.

I never understood what people saw it in until my best friend really helped me understand why he enjoyed it.

I stopped watching, because it's been pretty horrible in both WWE and NWA:TNA. As my interest wained, I stopped hunting down the good indie stuff as well. I caught a little last night, and the Angle/Flair match was OK, good at first but dragged on a little and got dragged down by the fact that Flair can only take one kind of bump.

Bulldog
06-28-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bad. Just stupid and easily entertained. I bet you like those "it's got a hemi" commercials too, huh?

Soul Daddy
06-28-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bad. Just stupid and easily entertained. I bet you like those "it's got a hemi" commercials too, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
Says Bobby Brown fanboy.

Bulldog
06-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Crap. I thought the mockery would at least be confined to that one thread.

utmt40
06-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Batista is the man now. I havent seen ovations like that since the days of The Rock and Stone Cold.

IndieMatty
06-28-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Batista is the man now. I havent seen ovations like that since the days of The Rock and Stone Cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't understand why?! He's cool I guess. But he's not too entertaining to me. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Soul Daddy
06-28-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't understand why?! He's cool I guess. But he's not too entertaining to me. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically because HHH is so loathed and put him over huge.

IndieMatty
06-28-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up with this now, will the WWE and World Title both be on Raw? Something's gotta give there...

samjjones
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing with wrestling is that you really have to understand the way it works in order to appreciate it.

Nobody who watches wrestling thinks of it as a sport. It's theater with blood and violence. The stuff that's impressive is how well people sell the moves, or give a promo and it really takes some time to learn how to watch.

I never understood what people saw it in until my best friend really helped me understand why he enjoyed it.

I stopped watching, because it's been pretty horrible in both WWE and NWA:TNA. As my interest wained, I stopped hunting down the good indie stuff as well. I caught a little last night, and the Angle/Flair match was OK, good at first but dragged on a little and got dragged down by the fact that Flair can only take one kind of bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point. Sure, Ric Flair looks ridiculous, but when you consider the fact that he is in his mid 50's and still able to take the bumps he does, you have to give him credit for being a tremendous showman. Same deal with Hulk Hogan. Yes, he has three moves, but he still brings a smile to my face whenever I see him wrestle.

Soul Daddy
06-28-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's up with this now, will the WWE and World Title both be on Raw? Something's gotta give there...

[/ QUOTE ]
There's still 2 SD picks plus trades. I'm sure things will conveniently sort themselves out. 2 titles on the same show can't work, as the Invasion showed.

samjjones
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
*********SPOILERS*****

The final two Smackdown picks are Christian and Batista.
***********END SPOILERS*********************

Edge34
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Batista will probably disappear over to SmackDown. I don't forsee them "unifying" those titles ever again, unless they go with the ECW show for SmackDown (which looks like a good chance).

And yes, I admit I check up on rasslin' every now and then...the best part is that I can not watch it for months at a time, turn on Raw and realize that NOTHING has changed.

Oh yeah, and for youtalkfunny, as far as great promo cutters, you have to give credit to people like Rock and Mick Foley, who can both have an entire audience either shut up or chant on command.