PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll for 200 sng's

burkie_45
06-28-2005, 01:21 AM
I have been playing a lot of 200 sng's and moved up from 2000 to 12000 dollars in seven days in my br. I am told that I should quit and move down but I keep winning and its hard to make yourself stop winning so much money to do something that payes much less. Do you agree that I should start playing smaller tournies if I am currently winning so much or is it possible to not be very good and go on a long lucky winning streak?

eastbay
06-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Let's assume you're a strong player with a 12% ROI with a .13/.12/.11 breakdown of placings in the $215s.

If you start with 10 buy-ins or $2150, you have a 42% chance of going bust in your first 250 games.

Let's say you're not that great to be wailing on the highest level game offered, and are just beating the rake at 3% ROI with 12/11/10 breakdown. You have a 66% chance of going bust in your first 250 games in that case.

This comes up so often, I really wish I had time to put up these various monte carlo calculators I have on the web.

Also see this:

http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Sit-and-go#What_do_you_think_of_my_stats.3F_Short_term.2Fl ong_term.2Fsample_sizes

eastbay

Jonathan
06-28-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing a lot of 200 sng's and moved up from 2000 to 12000 dollars in seven days in my br. I am told that I should quit and move down but I keep winning and its hard to make yourself stop winning so much money to do something that payes much less. Do you agree that I should start playing smaller tournies if I am currently winning so much or is it possible to not be very good and go on a long lucky winning streak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should you even CONSIDER moving down??? You´re just
CRUSHING the game! You should move up, not down! Only
problem is that the 215's are currently the highest sit and go.
So if I were you, I'd start playing the $2000 No limit.

Suerte,
Jonathan

ps. Don´t pay any attention to eastbay's analysis of risk of ruin. Those numbers are only for pessimistic losers!

raptor517
06-28-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, i recommend 20k bankroll for safety. a 50 buyin swing WILL happen over 10k sngs. period. if yer serious, keep 10k in each account 8 tabling. holla

ZeeJustin
06-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Your title seems to be concerned with bankroll, and your post seems to be concerned about skill.

If skill is what you are worried about, move down to the 100's, those are significantly easier.

If you are confident in your skill, then stay at the 200's. 12k is a very healthy bankroll to play 200's with, and if your ROI is 10% or higher, your RoR is virtually zero. I have played thousands of these sngs, and have never had a downswing of over 7 or 8k.