PDA

View Full Version : Time to post some hands again

adanthar
06-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Hand 1: Party 109, level 1, no reads yet, blah blah blah.

Some guy raises to 60 UTG+1, I have KK in MP1 and just call, 3 other people overcall behind me (I like this SNG already) and 5 of us see a nice 332 rainbow flop. The guy bets 150 into me and I just call again.

Hand 2: In another SNG, there's one limper UTG+1, the SB folds for 5 chips and I check my A8o in the BB. The flop comes AQ9, 2 clubs (I have no clubs), I check, the limper bets 65 into the pot of 40 and I call.

The turn is an 8 of clubs. I check, he bets 125 after thinking a while, and I showboat for a bit and CR to 300. He thinks for a long time and pushes. What do you put him on here?

Hand 3: Later in that SNG, it's 75/150, my new favorite level. A guy who previously limped a big pair limps again UTG with 1000 behind after the limp, it's folded to me in the SB and I complete A5s with 1100 behind, and the BB checks.

The flop is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, I check, BB checks, he minbets, I call and the BB folds. The turn is the T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, I check, he bets 600 of his 870, I think for a while and fold.

These hands brought to you by Get Some Content Back Into This Forum Enterprises <TM>

microbet
06-28-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Some guy raises to 60 UTG+1, I have KK in MP1 and just call, 3 other people overcall behind me (I like this SNG already) and 5 of us see a nice 332 rainbow flop. The guy bets 150 into me and I just call again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting hands, whether or not they are good, never seems to 'take balls' to me, but calling PF here does. That doesn't mean I'm sure it's right, but it looks pretty good. Calling the flop seems pretty normal to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: In another SNG, there's one limper UTG+1, the SB folds for 5 chips and I check my A8o in the BB. The flop comes AQ9, 2 clubs (I have no clubs), I check, the limper bets 65 into the pot of 40 and I call.

The turn is an 8 of clubs. I check, he bets 125 after thinking a while, and I showboat for a bit and CR to 300. He thinks for a long time and pushes. What do you put him on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

My first guess would be a made hand that you beat, such as AJ and probably including one club.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: Later in that SNG, it's 75/150, my new favorite level. A guy who previously limped a big pair limps again UTG with 1000 behind after the limp, it's folded to me in the SB and I complete A5s with 1100 behind, and the BB checks.

The flop is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, I check, BB checks, he minbets, I call and the BB folds. The turn is the T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, I check, he bets 600 of his 870, I think for a while and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certainly down with the fold. I'm not sure seeing what develops on the turn is worth the 150.

chisness
06-28-2005, 12:30 AM
1: i don't mind just calling pre (and since it's already done will comment on the flop only) -- i'd rather raise here because you've got a solid pot and you really really really don't want to see an A or even worse a set card for one of the many other callers -- hu i like the call for deception, but not with all the other callers

2: really no clue what he has but i like folding this flop if checking

3: i don't mind the play, for some reason on party, at least at the $30 level, huge bets like that have almost always indicated strength, which has been awkward for me and has often resulted in me pushing over the top (for example i had K9 in BB vs. early limper, flop TJQ, we both check, turn K, i check, he bets 3/4 of his stack and i push, he shows AT)

adanthar
06-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh yeah, Hand 4 that I forgot about:

Earlier today, level 2 of a 109. No reads, even stacks, blah blah. I have A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif and open raise to 90 from the SB; BB calls.

The flop is T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I think and check, he relatively quickly bets 100 and I call.

The turn is the 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I think and check again. He thinks and bets 175. I push.

kamrann
06-28-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I play mostly the $50s, and I find it's rarely worth smooth calling with big hands because so often players will call big reraises. As you go up levels I imagine they are more likely to release hands and so this becomes more effective. I also like the call on the flop, since you're in very little danger of being outdrawn on the next card, so makes sense to try to get the overcallers in again and build the pot.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
When someone overbets like this into a small pot, I have to put them on either a good hand worth value betting but not big enough to slowplay, or a draw. If he has something like AJ I don't think he's pushing like he did, unless possibly he has the Ac - was it on the board? I would definitely be worried he has the flush here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a bit weird. The minbet on the flop with a flush draw out, and then not slowing down when it comes on the turn. If he thought you just caught a bit of the flop and could take the pot with a follow-through bluff, I doubt he'd bet almost his entire stack. He doesn't have a flush either. I think you're beat though. Either he just has a better A and decided he's not gonna worry about you having a flush, or possibly he flopped a set.

Unarmed
06-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Hey adanthar,

1 and 3 are completely standard as far as I'm concerned. 3 I would probably get all aggro and C/R the min-bet multiway on the two flush board. You *should* have the best hand here enough against most players to make raising here fine, bt there's the odd idiot who doesn't understand that a flush beat a set...so I've been burned occasionally. Once you just call and he bets the flush you gotta bail as it's a very possible hand for you to have, and he just pot committed himself. Sure, it's pretty unlikely he has it given the board and his stupid overbet, but that chance + the chance you were already beat on the flop makes this a pretty easy laydown IMO.

4 - Ooooooh... no comment. Teach me how to do sh*t like that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I fold the flop because I could easily be sandbagging AA and he bet anyway.

2 - C'mon now, what suit is the ace on board lazy guy? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gumpzilla
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Hands 1 and 3 I probably play the same way. I like Hand 4 against most opponents. Smoothcalling the flop and then getting highly aggressive on the turn looks like a huge hand, and he can't really call you without a lot himself.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JT, 99, flush draws (I agree with Unarmed that how likely these are depend on whether the A is in the suit or not.), AQ, perhaps AJ, maybe A9 or 98 (these are unlikely). I think he's got a strong holding to come back over your c/r on this very draw heavy board, and the only hands that are reasonably good that you beat are AJ and AK. I don't think he's limping PF from EP with AK. So I think he's beating you pretty often here: if we assume the range I mentioned above, he's beating you often enough that a fold is best.

kyro
06-28-2005, 10:34 AM
1. Poifect. Sometimes I reraise, but other times it's just sexy to call. This is a perfect flop. No need to chase anyone out.

2. I put him on a higher two pair or the flush. I'd get out.

3. You're playing postflop with about 8-9BB? BLASPHEMY!