PDA

View Full Version : my multi-step donkafied play ( please critique )

joao_,martins
06-27-2005, 11:56 PM
160 player local multi-table. 35 people left, blinds 400-800. i have 5400 and have the third most amount of chips at my table... the two people with more are sitting to my left.
everyone folds to me and i find K /images/graemlins/club.gif-10 /images/graemlins/club.gif MP+1 in a ten-handed table. i make a raise to 2200 ( im not sure what i wanted with the other 3200, but that was the raise i made ).
Button who has been playing a lot of flops but not raising many pots pre-flop re-raises all-in ( chipleader at the table with 12k ).
Everyone folds to him.
It gets back to me and I call.
He turns over A /images/graemlins/spade.gif-K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Final Board:
Q /images/graemlins/club.gif-J /images/graemlins/spade.gif-7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif-J /images/graemlins/club.gif-10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

*** So the information on the following would be much appreciated :
1. pre-flop anyone lay this down when it initially got to you MP+1 and the consistant play at 300-600 and 400-800 has been open-raise and the rest fold ~75 percent of the time?
2. pre-flop is my only move all-in?
3. what are the range of hands you put someone on when they re-raise all-in with two left to act as a chipleader at the table and 15X BB?
4. after his raise and my range of his hands being AA-99 for pocket pairs and A-K/J should i call 3200 to win 12K?

raaustge
06-28-2005, 12:21 AM
I am new to posts, but here are my thoughts. Basically in a full table K10s is not strong enough to raise like 40 percent of your chips from early position. Blinds were 800 so you had 6bb left. This is where i start to think about pushing, not raising because like you said what are you going to do with the other 3200. So pushing is better. However, your in early position and i think you can wait for a better hand personally. Example i rather push any two cards from the button than K10 from Mp + 1.

Ok after he raises u all in i am not so sure what to, and maybe someone else could help out. Your going to be behind, but you will only have 4bb if you fold. And the blinds are coming around the corner. Comes down to pot odds and you have to call 3200 to win i think 6000. Roughly 2:1, so the question is eventhough you are behind every hand from your opponents range, are you still getting the right odds to call? I would say no, but not so sure how to do the math.

Summary either push or fold preflop, but i am leaning towards folding. Hope this helps.

ansky451
06-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Your stack is so small that you should just push, and not make a small raise. however, since you did just raise, you have to call his reraise, becuase you are getting too good a price, even if he has you dominated.