PDA

View Full Version : Josh Childress

Clarkmeister
06-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Really came on after the All-star break. Is he for real? Can he play the NBA 2 his entire career? Is he quick enough defensively, can he develop range to shoot the NBA 3pt? Hawks fans, what say ye.

FeelGoodAboutHood
06-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Not a Hawks fan, but his jumper is god awful. He's one of those guys whose ceiling is as a role player, but a solid one. 10ppg, 5rpg, solid on D. He'll help a good team win, but i don't know that he'll ever be able to make a mediocre team good.

mmbt0ne
06-28-2005, 04:55 AM
I hate to have him playing the 2, but you're right, I really don't see who else could. The Hawks are going to have 3 6'9" or 6'10" players next year playing the 2, 3, and 4 with Smith, Childress and Williams. This is a disaster, and I really think one of them isn't going to make it in the lineup for very long.

Based on Smith's drawing potential and Williams's star potential, I think Childress will get the short end of the stick. He'll probably play a lot, and play pretty well this year, but I don't know where he's going to be in a couple years.

Is he going to be good enough to play for another team? Probably not as a 2. He got better as the year went on, but he wasn't shooting the jumper any better really. He shot something like 22% last year from 3, that's going to take some serious work to remedy.

Side note, I can't believe Delk is 31 years old. Wow. I remember watching every college game he played.

Popinjay
06-28-2005, 07:45 AM
this guy was awesome for me in fantasy

ClaytonN
06-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Guys, don't be surprised if the Hawks take Williams from Illinois with the 2nd pick or trade down. I heard they were not overly satisfied with Williams in workouts.

Childress fits into a system, he will never develop into star 2guard potential. He fits as a role player.

scrub
06-28-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this guy was awesome for me in fantasy

[/ QUOTE ]

He carried Scrub's Crappy Team to victory in the twoplustwo league.

scrub

mmbt0ne
06-28-2005, 02:32 PM
[censored] that. If the Hawks don't take Marvin after the Bucks take Bogut I'm abandoning the franchise. For once in their goddamn life why don't they take the best available player, and go from there?

Mind you, this team drafts worse than the Clippers. Hell, there only number 1 pick ever blew them off for the ABA. We drafted Pau Gasol and traded him for Shareef. Later on it that first round we drafted Tinsley, and traded him for picks and players, none of which are on the team anymore. Yeah, we need a PG, but it's not like we're going anywhere anytime soon. First pick of the 2nd round, get Louis Williams, build up the home town team, and in 3 or 4 years, we'll be hella good.

Enough trying to be fancy. No trading down. No drafting for position. You have the 2nd pick in the draft, pick the 2nd best available player.

RacersEdge
06-28-2005, 03:32 PM
I agree 100%.

Do not take Paul.

Clarkmeister
06-30-2005, 02:10 AM
He blew up after Fatty went back to Boston. But I'm concerned it was a case of "decent player on a horrible team" syndrome. For the last 30 games of the year, he played the 2 and led all 2-guards in rebounding, averaging 17-8 at 51%. Can he keep that up from scratch with more talent around him? My concern is that he's not defensively quick enough for the position but I don't know enough about him and would like some input on his D.