PDA

View Full Version : RGP -censored

Dynasty
01-30-2003, 06:13 PM
In an effort to deal with the problems of RGP, a new forum being called RGP-censored is up and running. The forum includes all posts posted on the normal RGP site but deletes all the insults and BS which has destroyed RGP.

http://recgamblingpoker.cjb.net/

Easy E
01-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Dynasty, if you want it kept private, but will tell me, email to ezeriver@hotmail.com

jacobl
01-30-2003, 06:48 PM
This is kind of related. I checked the moderated site out and, honestly, the front end could use a little work. As a side note, anybody looking to run discussion sites similar to 2+2 should check out phpBB (http://www.phpbb.com/) Of course this does nothing for you if you like RGP because you can read it from a non graphical terminal. PhpBB is easy to install and is VERY similar, if not better, than the software 2+2 uses for its boards. All you need is a DB (I suggest Postgres) I've considered setting something up, but didn't really see a point because we already have 2+2.

Mason Malmuth
01-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Hi Dynasty:

I saw the site too.

While I have stated on several occasions that the problems RGP has have probably helped us at Two Plus Two, I think all these people are missing the main reason why we have been so successful here. It's simply the fact that there is much good information on this site and that we encourage vigorous debate.

Another way of putting this is that no one here has the agenda of trying to get himself proclaimed the world's greatest on whatever he's trying to accomplish. The focus is on the information that's presented and not who the presenter is. Furthermore, if the quality isn't there, or if someone perceives it not to be there, we then debate it. That's the our formula for success and it's why I believe we all benefit from www.twoplustwo.com. (http://www.twoplustwo.com.)

Best wishes,
Mason

Dynasty
01-30-2003, 08:28 PM
I only go to RGP about once a week. I've been there a couple times recently because twoplustwo has been absurdly slow on a few nights in the 11pm-2am hours (Vegas time). So, I don't know who the moderator is.

Mason,

What's going on with the slowness of the site? There have been two occasions when I couldn't even get onto the site. I got some weird text on my screen.

edit: I have since seen Chuck's post in Other Topics.

Mason Malmuth
01-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Hi Dynasty:

We're aware of the forum problems and Chuck has been hard at work trying to get them resolved. It seems that late at night it slows down to a snail's pace. Hopefully we've seen the end of this, but if the problems continue, we will continue to work on it.

Best wishes,
Mason

andyfox
01-31-2003, 12:24 AM
Just saw your post in response to a post about QTs on the old RGP and there were two insulting responses, one from a troll, the other from Tom Weideman, who showed that although he may be a fine card reader, he didn't read the original post in the thread very well. Not sure if my response posted there, I always seem to have trouble posting on my home computer there. Probably just as well.

M2d
01-31-2003, 05:41 PM
World's greates internet poker debator (or loudest, at least), which is what the RGP denizens seem to be trying to acheive, is similar to the title of World's greatest office coffee maker, no?