PDA

View Full Version : NLHE hand

gaylord focker
01-30-2003, 05:56 PM
Online NLHE tourney, blinds 200-400 with 50 dollar ante. Im on the button with Ac9d. All fold to me. I have 11500 in chips, small blind had the same, big blind has about 5000. I raise to 1600. Small blind calls time, and puts me all in for 12000. He has been aggresive the whole tournament but is not a maniac. Blinds are just about to go up to 300 600, so people are starting to push a lot of chips around. Call or fold?

ohkanada
01-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Fold. Best case scenario seems a lower pair which gives you a slight disadvantage. You have enough chips that you shouldn't put them all in here.

There are too many hands he could have that have you dominated.

Ken Poklitar

gaylord focker
01-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Thats exactly what I thought. At best I am about even money and at worst I am badly dominated. Then he showed me KcQc and I got a little sick to my stomach. It got me thinking a little bit about the situation. Since I had been raising the blinds quite frequently, and I was on the button, this player would most likely move in on me with a large number of hands, especially given my image and my position. Was I better off making a bigger raise preflop, perhaps just moving in with all my money, or making a smaller raise doubling the big blind so I am less comitted if I get played back at. Worth a thought.

ohkanada
01-30-2003, 11:11 PM
If you have been stealing often then you do have to take it into account that your opponent may be restealing. I still think it is a fold but probably closer than before.

I like making it 1600 to go. I wouldn't raise more and I wouldn't just double the blinds. That is limit raising. This is NL. You could triple the blinds which makes it 1200. You may get called more in the BB since the antes make it easier to call

Ken Poklitar.

Mano
01-31-2003, 04:04 PM
Even so, you would have just been a 55% to 45% favorite in this hand. If you think you are one of the better players left in the tourney, I think you are better off not gambling at this stage. You are in no danger of being blinded out in the near future, I think you have time to find a better spot to risk your whole stack. Just my opinion.