PDA

View Full Version : Greg Raymer Coke ad

DanS
06-27-2005, 11:26 PM
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted in six different forums:

I'm listening to the radio just now, and I heard a commercial:

Guy makes a phone call, girl voice comes on the answering machine, "Please leave a message for Greg Raymer." So he does, mentions the glasses, and somehow gets to talking about Coca Cola zero. Holy fvck.

youtalkfunny
06-28-2005, 03:54 AM
You're joking, right?

Coca-Cola thinks it's a good idea to hire a 300+ pound pitchman?

Then again, they thought "New Coke" was a good idea.

(For the record, I *liked* New Coke. Too bad I was the only one...)

PairTheBoard
06-28-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're joking, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked New Coke too, and I didn't think it tasted at all like Pepsi.

PairTheBoard

samjjones
06-28-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're joking, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also loved New Coke here.

bdk3clash
06-28-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Guy makes a phone call, girl voice comes on the answering machine, "Please leave a message for Greg Raymer." So he does, mentions the glasses, and somehow gets to talking about Coca Cola zero. Holy fvck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would the girl's answering machine say to leave a message for Greg Raymer? I don't get it.

MaxPower
06-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Good try. You almost had me going there.

tylerdurden
06-28-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would the girl's answering machine say to leave a message for Greg Raymer? I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's *greg's* answering machine, duh. He's a playah, get it?

ddollevoet
06-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I've heard this commercial several times in Atlanta too.

youtalkfunny
06-28-2005, 03:32 PM
STUMP: Got any stock tips for me?

COBB: Put everything you got in Coca-Cola. We're coming out in cans next week.

STUMP: Coke in cans? I don't think so.

--Robert Wuhl and Tommy Lee Jones, Cobb

mmbt0ne
06-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Do they mention anything about how Coke Zero tastes like the liquid version of black jelly beans? God, it's awful.

DanS
06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good try. You almost had me going there.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not sh!tting you. I live in Oakland, and one of our largest FM stations (KFOG 104.5) broadcasted this commercial of a Raymer fanboy leaving him a message. I kid not.
Dan

Gramps
06-28-2005, 11:09 PM
I'll vouch, I heard it on 107.7 in the Bay Area as well. They don't mention it's Coke Zero til the end - was kind of hard to figure out where they heck they were going with the commercial til that. I think they were trying to say that Raymer played it so cool during his big win - likewise Coke Zero is a nice cold drink on a hot summer day - or some odd crap like that. Not hating on the endorsement, just wasn't the most logical, creative, or best put together radio ad ever. It was one that makes you say wha? when it's over.

Skipbidder
06-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Now we just need a Mike Matusow coke commercial.
It would appeal to a different demographic, I think.

TimTimSalabim
06-29-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see it now... "People who drink Pepsi have leetle balls. Us Coke drinkers have beeg balls".

DanS
06-29-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see it now... "People who drink Pepsi have leetle balls. Us Coke drinkers have beeg balls".

[/ QUOTE ]

Coke? Matusow? Drinking? I think the Matusow coke reference may not have been in regards to Coke, the soft drink.

SossMan
06-29-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice

usmfan
06-29-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see it now... "People who drink Pepsi have leetle balls. Us alleged Coke dealers/users have beeg balls".

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

KingCon
06-29-2005, 06:34 PM
I never wouldve thought Raymer was a COKE ONE drinker, I think of him more as a drinker of gravy

lighterjobs
06-30-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never wouldve thought Raymer was a COKE ONE drinker, I think of him more as a drinker of gravy

[/ QUOTE ]

the way things have been going, coca-cola will probably come out with some sort of gravy coke in the near future.

Mens Rea
06-30-2005, 07:27 PM
New coke tasted like stale ass on the wrong day.

Brain
06-30-2005, 10:59 PM
I heard it on HOT97 (in the NYC market) Wednesday during Old School at Noon.

Acesover8s
07-01-2005, 05:12 AM
Annie was at my PLO table at the WSOP drinking a can of this stuff. Another pro asked her about it and she went on and on talking about how Coke was paying her to drink this stuff at all the major events.

She then offered free cans to the players at the table which she conveniently had in a Coke cooler. The other pro accepted it, took a drink and I busted him a few hands later. Coincidence? I think not.

regisd
07-01-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Annie was at my PLO table at the WSOP drinking a can of this stuff. Another pro asked her about it and she went on and on talking about how Coke was paying her to drink this stuff at all the major events.

[/ QUOTE ]

that reminds me -- does red bull have some kind of deal with the WSOP folks? the waiters/waitresses were pushing the stuff something fierce. i had to beat one of them with my 20 pound card cover to keep them from making me drink it.

Acesover8s
07-01-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that reminds me -- does red bull have some kind of deal with the WSOP folks? the waiters/waitresses were pushing the stuff something fierce. i had to beat one of them with my 20 pound card cover to keep them from making me drink it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. People were choking that stuff down so much that I finally took 2, downed em in 5 minutes and didn't feel a thing. Perhaps the red bull couldn't fight through all the alcohol in my bloodstream.